Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
I have it on good authority that the Palm Foleo will be cancelled! (or perhaps "not launched" is more accurate since they haven't sold any yet).

Didn't see that coming....

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

It wasnt a very good idea, to be honest... and I like Jeff Hawkins. I expected (when they announced a " breakthrough") something very exciting.... then I saw the Foleo and thought, youv'e got to be kidding me....I am glad the came to their senses before launch.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Oregon
Quoting the official Palm blog, it sounds like it's not dead, just postponed to a future iteration:

"Jeff Hawkins and I still believe that the market category defined by Foleo has enormous potential. When we do Foleo II it will be based on our new platform, and we think it will deliver on the promise of this new category. We're not going to speculate now on timing for a next Foleo, we just know we need to get our core platform and smartphones done first."

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Thank god they realised that launching a Linux device in late 2007 based on the closed source Opera browser with Flash 7 which can't show youtube videos (because it doesn't have the horsepower or an up to date version of Flash) was a total non-starter... you could get away with that kind of thing in 2005 but not 2007!

Maybe Bono had a hand in "postponing" the Foleo... "What's this shoite yah feckin edjits?!"

How long have Palm been developing their own Linux platform? Must be getting on 5 years+ and still not produced anything of value... either their software sucks, or the hardware sucks, or both. I won't hold my breath waiting for Fooleo II - you can fool me once...

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK

http://any-tech-site-you-can-think-of.com

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Software and hardware don't suck on their own. It's their management that sucked. Listening to (the overwhelming) negative critics and consumer responses and responding to them is a great first step in correcting their direction though.

doesn't palm own Be? Had they just released the hardware with the last version of BeOS, with bluetooth, PIM, and a mozilla based browser, they would have been set! oh well...