Active Topics

after update i cannot install rtcomm beta... i have tons of errors!!!
i just followed the same procedure as i did before here...
http://rtcomm.garage.maemo.org/#install2

here are the errors...

pls help me do this... i just wnt the rtcom working with my yahoo messenger. thats the only thing i do with my tablet besides waching movies with it

nevermind... fixed it! thanks anyway

Last edited by iceman600; 2008-08-11 at 21:24.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, I'm all done the update (using apt-get install, not the app manager), my control panel is saying 30-2, nothing seems broken, but I still have rotation and fanoush's bootmenu. I mean, I'm not complaining or anything, but this suggests that I didn't do something right. Was I supposed to do some flash-and-reboot thing? Do I have to do the flash-and-reboot thing for full functionality?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Just to throw in - if someone is still on the beta 23-14 like me - you can update to 30-2 since 23-14 is essentially the same as the final.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Was I supposed to do some flash-and-reboot thing? Do I have to do the flash-and-reboot thing for full functionality?
I don't think so if you have diablo in flash. Just redo what you have done on the mmc. That was what I have done! You will lose the bootmenu you have to do init_flasher again (see fanoush's posts above)

I also think we don't even need to update the OS in flash if we use the OS in mmc.

Ack it killed rotation (gotta fix that now..)

Though after upgrading it from flash it seems fine otherwise.

And on side note, I hate the GRE.

Edit: Fixed it by rerunning the script in sliderotate. And I hate stupid math mistakes on the GRE..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2008-08-11 at 22:26.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Telepathy-haze 0.2.0:
http://packages.collabora.co.uk/maem...elepathy-haze/

Strangely enough it didn't want to install automatically.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Brampton, Ontario, Canada
i deleted the 810 demo video and have enough room now.

My update went ok. But I don't know if there was any improvements about speed. Does anyone know what changes were made? I don't find any official statement.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Howie_it View Post
Ran the update. N800 didn't reboot. Manually rebooted it. Checked control panel still shows the old version.
Check Application manager's application details it shows installed version 1:4.2008.30-2 but the status shows Broken.
Help what should I do now????
Oh great. I just checked my Application Mangler and got the same. Control Panel shows the old version as well.

Talk about last straws; it's now painfully obvious that the Nokia Idiots have no friggin' idea how to produce a working piece of software.

Anybody wanna buy a N800? I'm bloody tired of the thing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Excellent maintenance update. Faster MicroB and bugfixes for Modest. What else is changed? Is there a changelog?

Tags
browser, email, microb, modest, os2008, ssu, stability, update