hi all,

i just received my n810 from buy.com. imagine me completely thrilled to check out my new present when i see the screen has several scratches and the front bezel has a dent! the box looked unopened so i assume it happened at nokia before they sent it.

my question, is this common? i did notice there was no plastic covering the screen when i opened it. is that typical? should i return it to buy.com?

tia!

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
All units ship with a screen protector. Sounds like you didn't get a new unit.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
RMA that stuff ASAP.

that's what i thought. thanks for the info!

So do all the N800 come with a screen protector? I took mine off thinking it was a cover for shipping. I did save it in the box, but it has a sticker on the plastic that looks like it wont come off clean. So I messed up by taking this off. : (

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by ElCamino View Post
So do all the N800 come with a screen protector? I took mine off thinking it was a cover for shipping. I did save it in the box, but it has a sticker on the plastic that looks like it wont come off clean. So I messed up by taking this off. : (
Well, yes and no. It's not really a screen protector, it's a shipping protector that doubles nicely as a screen protector (if only for a short while, as it tends to scratch up very quickly).

I would order myself a Boxwave anti-glare screen protector ASAP if I were you, though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
I don't believe it is intended as a screen protector beyond manufacturing and shipping. But some people do use that as a screen protector by pealing the sticker off.

Others, like me, don't feel the need for a screen protector. Or they go out and buy a real screen protector.

The Following User Says Thank You to technut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
I would, immediately. You bought a new unit, not something that looks "used" or not in an "Ex-works" (out of the factory) condition.

Check the returns policy of the place where you bought it from.

Thats why I was asking about reputable places to buy from, specially if we are talking mail order. I am not in the USA, I plan to visit soon but I want to make sure I get the "real thing" as I will not have time for "returns" or claims....

Originally Posted by lhsa View Post
hi all,

i just received my n810 from buy.com. imagine me completely thrilled to check out my new present when i see the screen has several scratches and the front bezel has a dent! the box looked unopened so i assume it happened at nokia before they sent it.

my question, is this common? i did notice there was no plastic covering the screen when i opened it. is that typical? should i return it to buy.com?

tia!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It's not common. I never got a screen protector, but I would if I bought another.

If there is real damage, send it back.

thanks for the info GENERAL, that reminds me I will order a set for my N800 and my Blackberry 8830.