Notices

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Bump again, has the developer of “WEBCAM VIEWER” stopped working on this app? Or does someone know how to save addresses permanently and make the settings stay activated? This is a good app, but someone needs to fix some small problems to make it great. Maybe the developer of Oculo could take a look ?

I have an mplayer embed widget, it needs the url of the media source and than you can press start button. It is a sort of frontend for mplayer, but an homescreen widget one. If you wanna try it tell me and I package it.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
I have an mplayer embed widget, it needs the url of the media source and than you can press start button. It is a sort of frontend for mplayer, but an homescreen widget one. If you wanna try it tell me and I package it.
Please do! will your widget actually stream video or just pull jpegs every couple of seconds/minutes? Will I need mplayer as well? since i use mediabox? My main use would be watching traffic cams and home security cams, and any public cams that are useful.
thanks for the reply.

will your widget actually stream video or just pull jpegs every couple of seconds/minutes? Will I need mplayer as well? since i use mediabox?
It can stream video, but you need to have the streaming source url. Like on mplayer, to use an mms protocol streaming, put as url "mms://etcetcecetcetcetc"

I have tested it and it works when streaming my laptop webcam with vlc or webcamXP.

Here a youtube video.
Attached Files
File Type: deb mplayerembedwidget_0.0.1_armel.deb (48.0 KB, 167 views)