Poll: Who will ship first?
Poll Options
Who will ship first?

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
The current device reports i am seeing indicate to me that i might have to get a OpenPandora after all. I am now hoping that I will be able to order one once it is finished. All these top level companies are only after making devices for the text messaging kiddies out there that are all copies of each other, nothing new like the OpenPandora.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRZ For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hmm, this is only partially true:

I know there are some OMAP3 devices coming – but none will be as open and supported for homebrew and Linux as the Pandora is.
I won't question "supported for homebrew," since that is the very essence of the Pandora project, but I think the rest is a bit too much...

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
100 Pandora devices ready for delivery!
EDIT: I was too excited. They're planning to send the first 100 units 15 days before the first batch, and they're wandering who's going to be lucky...

I twitted Craigix to send some to customers from maemo.org forums in order to test Mer and alleviate craves...

Read http://openpandora.wordpress.com/200...the-first-100/

Last edited by debernardis; 2009-07-02 at 17:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
The current device reports i am seeing indicate to me that i might have to get a OpenPandora after all. I am now hoping that I will be able to order one once it is finished. All these top level companies are only after making devices for the text messaging kiddies out there that are all copies of each other, nothing new like the OpenPandora.
Ditto. I find that the rumors around the new Nokai tablet are driving me away toward the Pandora, at this point.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Another "in two months" post:

Based on these calculations, it looks like the end of August to start seeing fully assembled units and then shipping to customers in early September. Having to ship things back and forth around the world really sucks, but it's unavoidable on this first batch due to taxation laws. Only the developer units provided free of charge to those involved with Pandora's development can ship direct so, in a way, shipping to developers first is the only way this can be done without needlessly wasting time.

Let's hope this is the final "in two months" calculation and we make it well before being one year late. What a nightmare this all has been. I really wonder what 2007 me would have said if current me went back in time and told him what was in store for the next 24 months. Ah, who am I kidding? I'm a sucker for punishment. I'm sure I'd still be right here.
I also found an amazing tool for determining when the Pandora will ship!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I also found an amazing tool for determining when the Pandora will ship!

We need a similar one for the n900 ship date

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Looks like pandora is going to beat the Nokia!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
We need a similar one for the n900 ship date
Even easier:

The Maemo 5 lead device is coming at "...we don't have anything to announce on the Maemo 5 lead device right now."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Well, both devices have just been beaten to the finish line by a relative newcomer that wasn't even on the radar when this thread was started : I just read that the first ToughBooks are being shipped to those who preordered...

edit : Always Innovating TouchBook, not Panasonic ToughBook ! Sorry for the typo...

Last edited by fpp; 2009-08-03 at 16:50.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Well, both devices have just been beaten to the finish line by a relative newcomer that wasn't even on the radar when this thread was started : I just read that the first ToughBooks are being shipped to those who preordered...
Is the ToughBook even in this category? The smallest one seems to weight over 2 pounds! http://www.buytough.com

Or am I not looking at the right product?

Tags
burtflitter, chinese food, christmas, christmas 2013, christmas 2666, credit card fraud, dnf, fata morgana, lies, omap3, pandora, pandora != real, pandora hoax, pandora is going to ship?, pandora v linear time war, retreating shipdate, ripoff, scam, speculation, virtualbox