Active Topics

Notices

Oooooooh... I'm so torn.

1. I love the idea of cleaning up the present clock applet 'cause all that white background with the date takes up a lot of real estate on my pretty background pictures.

2. However, I do love the ability to see the dates because half the time I use the clock functionality specifically to get the date.

Decisions, decisions... .

In my screenshot image at http://internettablettalk.com/forums...&postcount=224, the far right icon will drop down a tier and show me my email notification and processes.

No idea how the tier icon was created. Methinks it was when I added the 'load applet'?

Would it be possible to somehow get my screen setting icon down onto that tier to make room for this status bar clock?

Or can someone direct me on how to add lesser-used statusbar icons to the tier to make room, in general?

Oh, and if somehow has some time on their hands, how 'bout the FM radio appearing in the status bar, too?

Yeah. Thought that was too much to ask

But I must congratulate fiferboy. A simple clock in the status bar seems like such a "d'huh" kind of thing that I'm surprised it wasn't just an option from the get-go... .

Originally Posted by Benson View Post

Thou shalt use JOE!!!!!!
joe is, among other things, stylus friendly. And better. Than everything else!

stylus friendly like nano -m ?

> No idea how the tier icon was created. Methinks it was when I added the 'load applet'?

Yea, that drop-down icon is created when the limit of statusbar icons is reached. Annoyingly, it takes up a full icon spot itself.

> Would it be possible to somehow get my screen setting icon down onto that tier to make room for this status bar clock? Or can someone direct me on how to add lesser-used statusbar icons to the tier to make room, in general?

Yea, you can set the order of the icons. Control Panel -> Panels -> Status bar tab.

The Following User Says Thank You to bexley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
thanks fiferboy

I have a feature request. Can there be an option to show or hide the leading zero on the hour? So I can change the display from 01:57p to be 1:57p

also - an option for 24 hour clock would be nice e.g. 13:57

thanks

And thanks for the response, fiferboy. I hope you get a quick lead on that clock command.

I don't think this app needs features like mem and CPU info, personally, but if it can be done well without cluttering the feel and usability of the app, I've got nothing against it.

Besides the ability to launch the clock, some quick way to show the date would perfect this applet and really make the desktop clock obsolete.

What would be truly great is if, upon selecting the icon, the drop-down displays the date and any alarms that are set.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
Did you read the announcement . . . ?

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
thanks fiferboy

I have a feature request. Can there be an option to show or hide the leading zero on the hour? So I can change the display from 01:57p to be 1:57p

thanks
Hi Tabster,

There is an option for 24 hour clock, although it is not the easiest to get at right now (I will work at a more friendly configuration dialog). Please read the first page for some details on how to set it.

Hiding the leading zero for AM/PM time is a good idea (in 24H time does the leading zero get displayed or hidden?)

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
Hi Tabster,

There is an option for 24 hour clock, although it is not the easiest to get at right now (I will work at a more friendly configuration dialog). Please read the first page for some details on how to set it.

Hiding the leading zero for AM/PM time is a good idea (in 24H time does the leading zero get displayed or hidden?)
thanks for the nice reply. I am looking forward to the friendly configuration.
yes, I think the leading zero should show in the 24hr mode

Did you ever use StatusBarClock (PanelClock) on os2007 ?
Find it here https://garage.maemo.org/projects/statusbar-clock
This showed the time in one status bar position (in a small font obviously). It also showed the date when you clicked on it if I recall.
I like your large font though.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Thanks for this! I've been waiting for a replacement for StatusBarClock for two months now. I'm torn by the big, two-position font. On the one hand, I really like the big font. On the other hand, I only have one free spot on my status bar, and when I add the clock, I have two icons drop to the second tier. Sigh.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State
After installing on my n800, all I see are the minutes and "a" or "p", but no hours.

edit: Oops. Never mind. I didn't realize it was a seperate item.

Last edited by frasej; 2008-02-13 at 22:03.