Notices

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I was wondering, was the problem with when you tap a video and it doesnt play and skips to the next one was ever fixed or if i am doing something wrong.???

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ São Paulo
Haven't seen this yet. Could you please give more information regarding which version of Canola and with which video you get this behaviour ?

I am using canola beta 9 maemo3 , but it has done this in previous versions as well, i had posted about it quite a while ago and it was never solved apparently. it does it with every video. ill tap on a video in the list.. it usually will flash to the end then skip to the next video. Then i can just skip back to the video i want to watch.

Do you think you could run canola with -vvv on the xterm and post the output somewhere ???

I've had that problem before, as well. Those same videos play just fine in the default media player, but Canola skips them. I've only had this issue with mp4 files created using Handbrake, though.

all videos put on my tablet are first converted using the nokia software, so i know it isnt a format issue. and as to the post above yours, i have no idea how to do that or what id be looking for.

Guys, could please someone send me test videos (small ones, no bigger than 2mb) that exhibit this problem so I can test it ?

Originally Posted by lfelipe View Post
Guys, could please someone send me test videos (small ones, no bigger than 2mb) that exhibit this problem so I can test it ?
Sorry I'm just now coming back to this.

My experience has been that it seems to have something to do with either file size or bitrate. I've loaded a heap of videos onto my n800, but they're .mkv and Canola doesn't see them. I'll rip some TV shows later today and see if I can reproduce the problem.