Notices

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Handful, I don't see why anyone needs a windowed mode for Canola unless they just can't live without seeing the status bar. You can always get to the home screen without closing Canola (or even stopping the music) by pressing the home button (bottom left of the tablet) and then come back into the themed view again.

I happen to LOVE Canola, and I like it more as I use it more. Thanks for a great product!

DF

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
yeah distantFire, this was more or less what I've always "used" to defend our choice for fullscreen.

Thanks for the nice nice words, and we now have a felling that this week will be also a joy for those who like canola

We are on the final stages, today we will release the beta6, without the youtube and last.fm, but we just want to make sure beta6 doesn't break (lot's of core changes) and then, if everything goes right you will have youtube and last.fm tomorrow

Than we will take a break, one of our team members is getting married and we will be drunk the whole weekend I hope things do not crash, because we will not be able to answer as usual

So, let the upload begin! ))
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Paris, France
Hello people !

I've just tried this canola in windowed mode "bug", and even if some would not like it at all, it shows how faster in scrolling browsing through "album covers" is when 1 row of cover art is displayed instead of 2...
Same thing with browsing through photos, displaying 2 rows of photos instead of 3.

One question for the Canola team : would it be possible to add an option on how many rows the user would like to display on his covers and photos lists ?

Last edited by Krazybat; 2008-04-06 at 14:02.

Krazy : windowed mode is not a bug (it's actually our argument for windowed mode on the desktop development.

Of course scrolling one album is faster, less things to scroll = faster. But for people with too much media that is not a good solution.

The option? No, actually the layout is flexible given the size available. The thumbnails size are choosed for the best performance on the fullscreen mode.

As I told, the windowed mode on the tablets, it's a choice of the user, and our focus remains on the fullscreen mode. As previous stated, we don't follow any maemo UI rules, thus we cannot co-exists in a coherent way with the other ui, also I don't agree with the screen usage been take all the time to the status bar (title + systray) + borders + the navibar on the side. That's exactly why canola was born. If people want to use like that the best (and totally fitting) way to do it is the default media player.

Cheers!

Marcelo

Did the PNGs for the canola themes ever get released? If so, I missed it! Maybe they're in one of the packages I see on the web site, aimed at developers? I don't have Linux or VMware, so not sure I can unpack and use these packages. Thanks!

Originally Posted by handful View Post
Hi Brianj: we are preparing almost everything to be released, so there's no problem in releasing the pngs at all. I will ask and see, we can release them on monday,

Brian : yes they are on the developer section on the website : http://openbossa.indt.org.br/canola/developer.html

- on the bottom : for "Theme makers" design sheet.

you actually have the PSD (photoshop file) already "sliced" and named, so you can simply change the graphics there, and export / slice inside photoshop with ease.

Then, we are doing the webservice that compiles, and give you a debian package with your theme, you just need to upload a zip file with your files (there's one slightly issue that you should create some folders before generating the zip)

So you don't have to unpack

Marcelo