Notices

I have a weird problem with all my media?

I just got a 8GB sdhc card, put it into my removeable slot and put some media on it via USB cable.

I put both divx and mp3 files on it, and then pointed canola to the proper folders. The media shows up in my videos and my music, but when i tap on them it shows the activation animation and the file disappears from the list, nothing plays.

I don't know if this is a wide spread problem or if i was supposed to format my card or something, i tried reinstalling canola with no avail. The files play fine in mplayer, mp3's work in the default player and kagu.

Strange problem

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Really strange, maybe be some mistake of ours in the scanner / player. Can you send me (in my email) one of the mp3 files, or divx(up to 20mb) so we can test with them? This is really important to be fixed right, and we would do this asap.

Thanks

Marcelo

handful At gmail

Sent you the files, please let me know if you find a solution, because as of now canola is useless to me

I got the same problem with Canola2 on my n800. Media is playing fine with the onboard Media Player.

I have installed Canola2 and Mplayer, and none of media files on my card show up in Video tab. Path is correct as folders appear, but no files. Is mix of avi, flv, mkv and mpeg and all play fine in Mplayer

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
try to reboot the N800.
I installed mplayer after canola2, and canola didn't recognize this even when closing and opening canola, so it tried to play an avi (xvid encoded) file with internal player.

As soon as I did a reboot, canola played the avi without problems (using mplayer)

Yes, I have tried restart. The issue, no video files are listed in the player. It shows folders, but no files.

Oop, I speak too soon. It forget selected video folders after restart. I select card and all is well.

Except, my new problem, which is, very few avi files are show. I think there is no XviD support here

Last edited by Dekaritae; 2008-06-12 at 05:02.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Xvid I think is indeed not supported
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

I met the same problem and try the above ways but problem remains. I try mediabox and mediabox works well. I reflashed the rom , reinstalled canola,ogg support ,dsp_flac support., and canola still can't find the ogg and flac files