Notices

I have mounted a share from my PC on my N800 and is able to play music from the share using the built-in media player.

However, I want to be able to play the music on my hifi stereo by connecting a uPnP device to the stereo to use as renderer and then have a uPnP client in the N800 to act as player.

Will Canola enable me to do this - stream music from the N800 to a external uPnP renderer using the WLAN?

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
it should. There is a new canola beta out that includes upnp - else try the nokia media streamer, this works perfectly (at least with twonky - http://www.twonkyvision.de/)

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Ambush : not now. Canola UPNP support has not features stlll for control point - or server. I think you want the server, and we would be the only one to do that... but we are unfortunately not ready (the code for the server and control point was really not up to our standards) so we decided to do a simpler plugin, player only.

Let's see.. some users are already gathering to do the control point, but to stream form the n800 to the device.. you need also the server, then a lot of work to avoid too much burden on the cpu and memory is important.

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
sorry - misunderstood the question.
AFAIK only the nokia media streamer has the ability to control other upnp clients - but I haven't tested this.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
AFAIK only the nokia media streamer has the ability to control other upnp clients - but I haven't tested this.
It works. In fact, it is very nice. Search for Mediastreamer and there will be some posts about how it works. I use a Noxon iRadio, Twonkyvision on a Synology Diskstation plus the N810.