Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It's May. The campaign will start any second now. Be ready with your credit card if you want red one.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Dave, please.......

this is not Jolla, tablet, leave the guy alone.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
BTW, what happened with the Lastu cases that were made during original Jolla tablet campaign? If I remember correctly, Lastu did produce the cases (?) but they ended up being useless because there were no tablets to be put inside the cases...

It might be that I even ordered one with the tablet that never was made...
I have a tablet and the Lastu case, which is truly beautiful. Friends who see them want to have them. The combination could be one of those Scandinavian designs that you read about in Monocle and similar magazines. I hope Lastu can sell a few more with this new round.

Last edited by Pim; 2017-05-01 at 10:09.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
*snip* Jolla took orders for what, 2000 tablets? Even if every single one of them came with a Lastu case and Jolla did not get a bulk discount, it would still be only €78k.
close.
Thanks to tmo user bazyl we had exact numbers from the igg campaign as he extracted them from the campaign site.

PERK AMOUNT PRICE
early bird 1000 189
early bird 1000 199
early bird 2000 204
tablet I 1000 209
tablet II 1000 209
tablet III 1000 209
tablet IV 51 209
distri (20 tabs pack) 6 3499
combo upg (add phone to tab) 105 279
combo (phone and tab together) 71 488
lastu case 2431 49

7242 Tablets and 2431 cases at 119k€.
Also Jolla sold some from the webshop which are not included.
Arvonlisävero tax in finland is 24%, so lastu had to prefinance around 23k€ in taxes alone + production costs until jolla paid.
I am so glad they survived.

Having another lastu batch will only happen if we organize a bulk order. The tablet fitted plastic back part obviously is the biggest obstacle to lastu because they are not doing it inhouse and have to order it in quite large scale themselves.
Also i have a bad feeling about the cases jolla recieved from lastu and did not deliver to backers back then. They where propably sent to HK warehouse to be shipped together with the tablet and are wasted by now.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hello folks. According to this link you can still order Latsu case.

http://lastucase.com/jolla-tablet-case-cover-skin.html

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Good that you are here Mosen and talk some sense into people.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hello folks. According to this link you can still order Latsu case.

http://lastucase.com/jolla-tablet-case-cover-skin.html
That's just a back cover, not the case (which could be folded and used as a stand). It's the same for their Jolla 1 products: the back covers are also still available, but the cases are sold out (and have been for a long time).

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
That's just a back cover, not the case (which could be folded and used as a stand). It's the same for their Jolla 1 products: the back covers are also still available, but the cases are sold out (and have been for a long time).
Thanks. You are right. The ones in the link do not fold. For some reason the link does say case as part of path. I guess the cases (ones that could fold) were for sale for awhile after it was known Jolla could not deliver cause I bought 2 cases after I bought the tablet from TaoBao.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
A little review for those unhappy to have missed the original lastu case:
After some time of usage, the lastu case with folding capabilities isn't that great. I have purchased one directly from lastu after getting in on the taobao fun.
It still looks reasonably well (handled with care) and the leather smells amazing, but using it as a stand for longer periods of time leads (at least in my case – pun intended) to the adhesive weakening. That's both the adhesive glueing the leather flap to the plastic back and the adhesive fixating the wooden triangles to the leather, so those are a bit displaced. Still pretty, but not as useful as I've hoped for.
Another reason why I'm looking forward to Chen's keyboard cover.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
So now it seems this *is* going to happen; time to get excited!
But when? And, most importantly, how? IGG? Pre-orders? When? Shut up, take my money NOW ?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os