Active Topics

Notices

After intense bug-fixing sessions, finally comes improvements time

My personal list:

- group subject resets to old one after sometime & sometimes group partecipants not displayed & create group thing (still some little bugs )

- make possible text search when forwarding media [EDIT: and adding contacts to groups], as for "create chat"

- stop button while playing long audio message.. no way to stop/restart, closing window does not help -> yappari will crash when audio ends

- server messages like: "user left group", "user changed group subject"

- ADD: "save as" feature for media: I disabled "import to gallery", anyway sometimes I want to save media; I can do it for images from stock image viewer, but for videos only way is going to cache and cp manually, am I right?

- ADD: option to choose video player; sometimes stock player won't play video, so I have to cd cache directory, "ls -trl", and manually mplayer last video

A BIG thanks to devs out there making whatsapp available on N900!

Last edited by enne30; 2015-12-17 at 16:15.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Hi
My Yappari account couldn't log in from few days and says: "connection closed by server"
Please help me to make it log ion again

Buen dia,
Alguien me puede ayudar?? cree un grupo con la ultima actualizacion y en la pantalla principal se crearon 2 grupos con el mismo nombre y cuando intenta conectarse a la red, se cierra la aplicacion, espero su pronta ayuda
Saludos

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by Ramonf4 View Post
Buen dia,
Alguien me puede ayudar?? cree un grupo con la ultima actualizacion y en la pantalla principal se crearon 2 grupos con el mismo nombre y cuando intenta conectarse a la red, se cierra la aplicacion, espero su pronta ayuda
Saludos
Hola

La creación de grupos resulta en baneos por parte de Whatsapp. Está explicado en rojo en el changelog de la última versión...

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
A segfault of some sort happening right now in my Yappari. as far as i can tell, i'm not banned. Will test further and report back, or attach log for further assistance

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Ok .. the segfault seems related to groups. I know we cannot create groups, so I've been careful not to. However, yesterday someone added me in a group. Nothing "bad" happened, and at some point I decided to leave the group. I could still close & reopen Yappari just ok. It was also fine 10 hours ago, when I last used it.

Here is the portion of the log leading to segfault now:

Code:
OUTGOING:
<iq>
   id=get_groups_3
   to=g.us
   type=get
   xmlns=w:g2
<participating>
   type=list

INCOMING:
<notification>
   from=GROUP_OWNER-1450634570@g.us
   id=1948314638
   notify=NICELY
   offline=3
   participant=GROUP_OWNER@s.whatsapp.net
   t=1450773630
   type=w:gp2
<add>
<participant>
   jid=GROUP_MEMBER?@s.whatsapp.net

OUTGOING:
<ack>
   class=notification
   id=1948314638
   participant=GROUP_OWNER@s.whatsapp.net
   to=GROUP_OWNER-1450634570@g.us
   type=w:gp2
I left this group yesterday. Anyone can suggest something to stop Yappari querying this group perhaps? Or it seems the person has added me to their group again?

Yes, groups
I deleted the group jid and group owner's jid in roster.db and after that seg-fault stopped. And yes, it seems I was re-added in the group Receiving millions of messages (and precisely the reason I *hate* groups)

The sql[ite3] code i ran was:
Code:
delete from roster where jid like "9%";
In my roster this was the only contact with number beginning with a 9 .. you would have to enter more detailed filter if needed

Yappari seg-faulted again, likely because of the sheer amount of new messages. But eventually everything returned to normal after all messages were downloaded. I will just block the person (who is not even my friend) and hopefully will not be added to groups again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this Sicelo ... It has been happening to me for some time and sporadically ... I will delete the files in the roster as you suggest.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Thanks for the report and the workaround, Sicelo.

I'm planning next thing to implement server messages such as XX has left the group and all that things. While I do that, I may find something related to this.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Hola

La creación de grupos resulta en baneos por parte de Whatsapp. Está explicado en rojo en el changelog de la última versión...
Gracias por tu respuesta ceene.
Alguna forma para que no se cierrre la aplicacion o como puedo solucionar, no puedo usar Yappari.
Saludos.

Tags
whatsapp, yappari