Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
So I'm guessing the QML version shouldn't be too far behind?
I'm working on it now.

My website

GitHub

Version 1.7.1 for Maemo5 is now available from extras-devel. Changelog:

* Fixed error in dismissing progress dialog when using external video player.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Also, the error only occurs when streaming videos. Local videos always play correctly.
Yes, it happens only when streaming.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ East Timor
i cant find some videos with cutetube hamartan version.
plz fix.

Thanks a lot for your continued (and super-fast at fixing problems) work on i!

Sadly, I must throw another issue, though - since few days, all videos from dailymotion fail to both download and playback. It says "video cannot be downloaded, access may be restricted", or "forbidden" etc. in circle. They might have changed something.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Thanks a lot for your continued (and super-fast at fixing problems) work on i!

Sadly, I must throw another issue, though - since few days, all videos from dailymotion fail to both download and playback. It says "video cannot be downloaded, access may be restricted", or "forbidden" etc. in circle. They might have changed something.

/Estel
A couple of months ago, the Dailymotion website switched to streaming videos in chunks (each chunk usually being around 10 secs of video). Each chunk is obtained with a HTTP GET to a URL in this format:

Code:
http://proxy-56.dailymotion.com/sec(6caf6cedb618e4057964542e2f414924)/frag(1)/video/528/718/8798799_mp4_h264_aac.flv
where frag(1) refers to the chunk (or fragment) that is requested.

Until recently, it was possible to bypass this by simply omitting the fragment part of the URL. The server would then respond with the entire video file. This no longer works, and the server returns a 403 error.

Downloading in chunks should not be a problem, but streaming might be a bit trickier. Regardless, it will take a bit of time to implement it, so in the meantime I have switched to using the iPhone stream for Dailymotion videos, as these can be streamed/downloaded with a single request.

Version 1.7.2 is awaiting import to extras-devel.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kodematem View Post
i cant find some videos with cutetube hamartan version.
plz fix.
Can you explain the problem in more detail? If search is not return any videos, and you have the 'access private videos' setting enabled, please disable this setting and retry. The cookies may have expired, and this can cause problems with the API requests.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Why are Cute Tube search results mostly limited as compared to Browser Youtube? Do I have to fiddle with settings somewhere to get it to work?

I get more results when searching via web Youtube than Cutetube, with the safe search ticked or unticked.
hello, I also had this problem. Search just showed different/wrong results compared to browser. Just select "Order results by relevance" in the search form (bottom left). I hope this helps,

marko

No results from youtube in 1.7.2 and cannot login to youtube. Other services seem to work.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I am pleased to announce the first release of cuteTube, my YouTube client for the N900. Features include:
  • Browse, search, play and download YouTube, Dailymotion and Vimeo videos.
  • Rate videos and view/add comments.
  • Share videos via Twitter and Facebook.
  • Manage your YouTube/Dailymotion/Vimeo account(s). You can add multiple accounts and switch between them dynamically.
  • Create, edit and view your playlists, subscriptions and favourites.
  • Create an 'on the go' playback queue.
  • Full auto-rotation support in all windows and dialogs.

UPDATE - 24/03/13:

Version 1.7.1 is now available from extras-devel. Changelog:

* Fixed error in dismissing progress dialog when using external video player.

Hey marxian i have a problem by installing cutetube. :/
I updated to CSSU Smaemo5 and now i am trying to install your app but it says to me that ffmpeg is missing so i tryied to install it from X-Terminal but it says to me that the packages is found but it will not be installed (???) I used commands like dpkg --cofigure -a and apt-get install -f or apt-get update and (upgrade) too but nothing happend either so have you something in mind that could help me???

P.S. i tryied to install every update package too and gues what nothing made the difference i know that there is something wrong with my phone cause i used your app for 6 months and its awesome. But maybe you heared some same problem and maybe you have some answer to my problem.

Thank you in advance for your time!!!

Tags
youtube