Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by qole View Post
That should work... Not sure why it doesn't... maybe we need to do some command-line diagnostics here.
It does work with the widget, so I achieved what I wanted, but I spent so much time fiddling I would like to see it solved ;-)

So if you feel like looking at it, here's the output of bt-kbd-remap:

Code:
~ $ bt-kbd-remap 
Int: (3) Ext: (4) 
--- 
Setting ext keyboard layout: 
setxkbmap -device 4 -I -I/usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook -rules base -model pc105 -layout us -print | xkbcomp - :0.0 
--- 
setxkbmap -device 3 
Trying to build keymap using the following components: 
keycodes:   evdev+aliases(qwerty) 
types:      complete+nokia 
compat:     complete 
symbols:    nokia_vndr/rx-51(common)+nokia_vndr/rx-51(us)+inet(evdev) 
geometry:   nokia(nokiarx51)
The keyboard does work after that. Note that if I run the watcher script, the keyboard does not work at all, not even the letters.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Near Paris, in the frog-eaters country
Ok so it looks like I need to modify the internal keyboard remap to go to the language of your choice...
Hi, any news for this issue ?

Hi, first of all thanks for the great scripts
I have some problems with them, however. After I got my bt keyboard/mouse combo (keysonic ack-540bt (de), german qwertz-layout) to work by modifying your script to use the right device name (the device name doesn't include keyboard or mouse and thus is ignored by the script) I was able to type with all keys being recognized correctly (umlauts etc.), however there are some problems left for me:
- there is no key repeat for the external keyboard
- the shift (and possibly other modifier keys?) work the way they do with the internal keyboard, i.e. holding the modifier key and typing doesn't work (modifier key is ignored), only pressing the modifier key and then the key to be modified yields the expected result
- the internal keyboard layout is appearently not correctly restored after loading the external keyboard layout, resulting in a wrong layout for the internal keyboard

Any help on this would be very much appreciated, if I can provide any more information just ask!

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Are working well in PR 1.3?

Fixed the problem with the physical keyboard on N900? Change language when I connect my external keyboard. Spanish need in the N900 and "US-variant intl" externally. With the external does not work to change the language to Spanish.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I installed. I still have problems in the N900 integrated keypad (I change the language to connect the external keyboard).

The driver is installed for the mouse does not work. I had to replace the file. Zip file from the forum (manually).

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Switzerland
Hello all!
I would like to report success (finally!) in pairing a Trust Mi-5300m bluetooth mouse. The crux had been to guess what connection code might be used. Having lost the manual, it took me a while until I got a hint when pairing the mouse with my laptop running Ubuntu. They suggested to try '0000' which indeed worked and it also did on the N900.
I had reported success also with my keyboard earlier, so now I can join in the choir of happy tablet users on my "thick iPhone" as some ignorant called it. They simply don't know what a marvel of device the N900 always was and has become thanks to qole's work.
Cheers!
St. Mueller, Switzerland

The Following User Says Thank You to sm8ps For This Useful Post:
Hello all!

Me again, this time with some questions or wishes, respectively:

1.) Is there a specific reason to not include the command 'bt-kbd-remap' into the BT HID Connect script? I have to run that command every time I connect my keyboard and would wish to have it included into the script. (BTW, how can I do so? I do not know much about Python so I hesitate trying.)

2.) What does the BT HID Watcher script do? I cannot tell any difference if it is running from when it is not.

3.) Could the connecting of keyboard and mouse separately with BT HID Connect be joined into one step? Typically, one connects always the same keyboard and mouse to the device. That would speed up the start-up procedure. (Possibly, one could hard-code this into the script, so in the light of my previous remark, I would be thankful for some hints on how to do that.)

Cheers!
St. Mueller, Switzerland

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
sm8ps: Run the BT HID Watcher script before connecting your keyboard and mouse, and it should automatically run the bt-kbd-remap script every time your keyboard is connected. It should also run the mouse pointer script when the mouse is connected.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
sm8ps: Run the BT HID Watcher script before connecting your keyboard and mouse, and it should automatically run the bt-kbd-remap script every time your keyboard is connected. It should also run the mouse pointer script when the mouse is connected.
Bl**dy amazing. What a great piece of software! Thanks a lot for explaining things!
The BT HID Watcher script does things just as you described with one notable exception. Mouse and keyboard are automatically detected, and the non-generic keys work in the Maemo terminal. However, they do not work under Debian. For that I still have to run the bt-kbd-remap script which seems a bit strange to me. Is that expected behavior?
Cheers!
St. Mueller, Switzerland

Thanks a lot for the great scripts, works well with my apple keyboard.

However still looking for a germany layout for my external bluetooth keyboard. Has anyone here created a german layout, especially for apple bluetooth keyboard?

Would be awesome if someone did ...

Thank you very much!

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, package