What's the point of pre-orders if you proritize retailers anyway?
It's possible that they have preordered.

Also there is possibility of some business relations, like providing logistics.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
To be fair, it is possible that those retailers were IGG backers also. There was a possibility to select "Retailer Bulk Order" during Moto Mod campaign. It included 10 pcs so maybe they got 10 IGG coupons also.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
This sounds like a goddamn joke. I pre-ordered my Pro1 directly from F(x)tec, paid for it in August, haven't received it yet. What's the point of pre-orders if you proritize retailers anyway?
You are perfectly right to be annoyed, but how do you know when those retailers ordered and paid their pieces, eventually made a legally binding order for some hundred Pro1. In those cases this is their share of the first batch.
I don't see huge stocks at any retailer either.

On the positive side F(x)tec seems to be continously producing and delivering so everybody may get their expensive toys sometime.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Merienth View Post
You are perfectly right to be annoyed, but how do you know when those retailers ordered and paid their pieces, eventually made a legally binding order for some hundred Pro1. In those cases this is their share of the first batch.
I don't see huge stocks at any retailer either.
Because they seem to be getting the phones on a different schedule then the rest, they're not in the same batch as any other customer. And that they only advertised to sell the phones very recently in the grand scheme of things.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
Because they seem to be getting the phones on a different schedule then the rest, they're not in the same batch as any other customer. And that they only advertised to sell the phones very recently in the grand scheme of things.
No, they didn't got a different schedule. These retailers got stock from the 2nd batch that was delivered to EU. DragonBox and Clove Technology changed the stock status yesterday. People from 2nd batch started to receive units in EU during this week.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FlyingAntero View Post
No, they didn't got a different schedule. These retailers got stock from the 2nd batch that was delivered to EU. DragonBox and Clove Technology changed the stock status yesterday. People from 2nd batch started to receive units in EU during this week.
Guess Fxtec's more behind then I thought. I thought we were waiting on the third batch and the second batch was long since delivered.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by Merienth View Post
On the positive side F(x)tec seems to be continously producing and delivering so everybody may get their expensive toys sometime.
After at least one additionnal delay still to announce you mean ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
After thinking about it some more, I think Fxtec just shouldn't have sold phones to stores on the same schedule as individuals. Technically it probably all checks out, but the same as how they technically started shipping on the 29th of October, it doesn't feel good. By supplying to stores they're directly feeding the possibility to allow people who paid significantly later to get the phones earlier than they would if they ordered directly. This seems to be breaking the promise that general availability comes after every pre-order has been fulfilled.

Then again, that's also if it's to be believed that they just paid very early. Considering we're talking about minutes here, I find that hard to believe for 2 stores. And that one of the stores is talking about a special deal reinforces that thought.

In short, just your regularly scheduled kick in the nether regions by Fxtec, just when I thought I couldn't be bothered anymore because I was ignoring all they said.

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
you are thinking too much..........
Unless you know exactly how they got those phones, product of your thinking is just whining and nothing else.
So, either prove that any of those store jumped the line or just stop thinking.
AFAIK, anyone here could preorder more than one unit. And then put it on ebay.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
I guess Fx had an agreement with Clove as a retailer for their device.
There's a lot of stuff that appears on the Clove site before it hits the shelves of network retailers. Clove may have made some investment in the development of the Pro1.
Understandably people are going to be disappointed that retailers are being supplied before the backers.

Received mine just now.
Initially I'm impressed with the build quality and professional packaging.
Powered it up, skipped all the "Sign up for Google This and Google That"
I'm finding the curved screen makes handling a little awkward which makes it difficult to pick it up or work the slider without starting one of the shortcuts or widgets on screen. I'll have to work out a snazzy move to do the slider thing.
Finger print scanner seems to be a bit hit and miss, but I guess that's down to the fact that I'm used to using the Xperia X scanner.
Personally I can't see it developing as big a cult following as "The Beast", but you never know.

I just hope you guys that are still waiting get yours sooner than later.
I believe Fx have sorted the backers into batches and as they come in from the factory they're going out in batches to the customers assigned to that batch. I have also read that there was a problem with some screens which caused a delay so the factory upped production to cover the backlog.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit