Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Hi all

I want to use the volume up/down buttons on the N5 to decline and accept incoming calls. Does anyone known hiw to do this or the files that need to modify to achieve this?

So..... Cyanogen 13.0.

Any luck? I have got that far on my N5, curious about getting to the desired endpoint of SFOS.

Originally Posted by romu View Post
I'm feeling a bit alone on this thread
you're not alone :-)

for the moment, i only use sailfish on my N5 in the weekend due to missing functionality in the week during the job; bluetooth car kit not working with volvo v50, and waze navigation app not available

power consumption of sailfish compared to android is also not ideal, propably as a result of the sensors problem: from 68% to 49% overnight while i was asleep (in ± 6,5 hours)

The Following User Says Thank You to frullewulle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Small change in the watchdog script. I've seen that when the sensors framework crashes and the sensorfwd process is killed, I can't restart the service if I don't kill the sensors.qcom process.

So, I implemented this into the script.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# This checks every 1/2 minute and kills if
# sensorfwd process is eating more than 8% CPU for 1 minute

TERM=linux
export TERM

kill_count=0

while true; do
  sensors_pid=$(ps aux | grep sensorfwd | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}')

# If the process has crashed it may not be running,
  # so we restart it
  if [ -z $sensors_pid ]; then
    echo "sensorfwd not found"
    # Before restarting the service, we must first kill the sensors.qcom process
    sensors_qcom=$(ps aux | grep sensors.qcom | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}')
    kill $sensors_qcom
    systemctl restart sensorfwd
  else
    cpu_usage=$(top -b -p $sensors_pid -n1 | grep $sensors_pid | awk '{print $9}') 
    echo $cpu_usage
    echo "CPU Usage of sensorfwd: ${cpu_usage/.*}"
    if [[ ${cpu_usage/.*} -ge 8 ]]; then
            if [[ $kill_count -ge 1 ]]; then
                    echo "CPU Usage of sensorfwd too high restarting..."
                    systemctl restart sensorfwd
                    kill_count=0
            else
                    echo "CPU Usage of sensorfwd too high! Setting kill_count + 1"
                    kill_count=$((kill_count+1))
            fi
    else
            echo "Nothing to do"
    fi
  fi  
  sleep 30
done
Now, remaining issue: the sensors framework can crash, but the process may remain alive while not eating the CPU, so we need another way to detec the crash.

Last edited by romu; 2016-04-04 at 09:47.

Originally Posted by romu View Post

No, remaining issue: the sensors framework can crash, but the process may remain while not eating the CPU, so we need another way to detec the crash.
do you still keep all the sensors activated with your script or only those who are most needed as proximity ?

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
The script is pretty basic, it deals only with the sensors framework, not matter you want or not use only specific sensors.

And it's: "Now, remaining issue...", and not "No", wrong typing, sorry.

Considered FairPhone2 ? SfOS is amazing on it even in beta ... SfOS 2.0 preinstalled to be available shortly.

The Following User Says Thank You to beobachter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by beobachter View Post
Considered FairPhone2 ? SfOS is amazing on it even in beta ... SfOS 2.0 preinstalled to be available shortly.
Do you have A FP2 already? I wasn't one of the original backers, placed an order through their website quite recently (mid Feb i think).

The website said "ships in March!" but March is over and i haven't heard anything! Point being, if you order one don't expect to get it quickly. I think it'll be worth the wait though.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Anyone know how to increase the microphone volume? Everyone I have called says it is near impossible to hear me.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by Jef91 View Post
Anyone know how to increase the microphone volume? Everyone I have called says it is near impossible to hear me.
I was able to do it with the Patch: Speaker volume up