Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
Hi,

I have found that whenever I hold my N900 in portrait mode in my left hand, the power button and camera shutter are conveniently located beneath my fingers.

Since pressing the power button brings up the lock screen, I was wondering if it is possible to rotate the entire lock screen to portrait, so that when the device is held vertically one would have to slide from left to right instead of from top to bottom.

I never use the power button and slide to unlock when holding the device horizontally because using the lock switch is so much faster. However, when holding vertically, being able to press power button to bring up the lock screen and unlock by sliding my thumb from left to right, and then holding the camera shutter to start the phone app would make making phone calls really convenient.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
It has been a week already and still no response. Could anyone tell me if rotating the lock screen for use in portrait mode is possible?

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Karachi
Hey there. I can't help you rotate the screen (afaik nobody can...), but what i often do (i also hold the phone in my left hand) is to hold the phone between thumb & three fingers, and use the tip of my pinky to slide the lockswitch. You get pretty good at it, with a little practice.