Notices

Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Simply dropping in the libpurple files will get you connected, BUT causes new issues. Due to other changes, when you run the newer libpurple with older pidgin, it never sees the people as going offline. I already tested that. Is the case even if you just drop in the yahoo library.

Need to do everything if we do anything.
I want to uninstall libpurple, but first what other app run with libpurple ?

The rtcomm package uses libpurple, but, pidgin hangs and it's a mess.
Saolution for now.
Fring.
Yahoo works ok in fring, just the inerface sucks to manage new buddies,icons,etc.

found where things were discussed to recompile for ICQ.

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...=278&atid=1106

I am at work, and with some wedding stuff (girlfriend is a maid of honor, and i'm supposed to help too.) on my plate I won't be able to get a crack at trying more till this weekend.

Yeah the main problem is that they added some domains and did so in a very stupid way. In order to even login to their web email page now it requires the full email address to be entered; this in combination with new authentication and yahoo constant additions to their closed protocol causes issues with third-party clients. Say what you want about AOL but at least they haven't been messing with AIM too much (although that might change soon, they took down some server(s) recently which might be foreshadowing) except for server-side Offline Messaging, Pidgin countered with emulated offline messaging/"pouncing". What we need is a push for open-source decentralized instant messaging with video+audio. I'd also personally like bluetooth IM functionality.

The only problem with that is getting someone to help support such a project. Yeah we can come up with a protocol and write software no problem, but still need to do something to A: get servers to do the work and for people to connect to, and B: get people to switch to it, so it doesn't just get forgotten and ignored.

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Until someone can get working on an updated version of Pidgin for Maemo, use cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com in the Pager Server to get it working for the time being. If you use RTCOMM, check the Pidgin And RTComm Problem for my quick fix solution by editing the hosts file.

Jesse~

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jperez2009 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Minneapolis, MN
awesome! thanks for the temp fix!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by jperez2009 View Post
Until someone can get working on an updated version of Pidgin for Maemo, use cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com in the Pager Server to get it working for the time being.
Thanks, that did indeed make it work for me.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

That's the server for china, I'm still getting the same problem.
In the pidgin webpage it's explained how to do this, but the solution it's to upgrade to the next version of pidgin or, like me use Fring for now.

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Yes, it is the China server, Asia Pacific to be exact. It's merely a workaround. It's not working for you under Pidgin?

EDIT: I just tested it and it's working perfectly still. Where do you live and do you have access to Yahoo! servers in Asia? A good way to know it to ping the Pager Server posted.

Jesse~

Last edited by jperez2009; 2009-06-26 at 18:11.

Tags
pidgin, yahoo.