Notices

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Hi there!

It seems that my fbreader cannot update to the new version.

I downloaded the update as prompted, installation was successfully completed but when I turn on fb reader it crashes as it tries to "update to current version".

I uninstalled and re-installed it and still have the same problem

Any ideas?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
You could try removing the old book database and starting from scratch:
Code:
mv ~/.FBReader ~/.FBReader.old

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Thank you I will try it

I don't know if this is related but in faster app manager I see (under "all packages advanced" in updates) libzlibrary 0-12.10-28.

it says my current varsion of the library is -27. however I see my fbreader using the same versioning is -28. so...

a) will updating break something?
b) is version -28 of fb reader meant to work with -27 of the libzlibrary? If so obviously I will just leave stuff alone.

Thanks.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
I don't know if this is related but in faster app manager I see (under "all packages advanced" in updates) libzlibrary 0-12.10-28.

it says my current varsion of the library is -27. however I see my fbreader using the same versioning is -28. so...

a) will updating break something?
b) is version -28 of fb reader meant to work with -27 of the libzlibrary? If so obviously I will just leave stuff alone.

Thanks.
Updating won't break anything, but nor is it necessary. The changes made for the 0.12.10-28 release were all within the fbreader section of the code (both fbreader and libzlibrary are produced from the same code base) so I didn't alter the dependency information.

thanks I took it, well, just because...