Poll: Do we need Moderators?
Poll Options
Do we need Moderators?

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Do you think we need moderators?
Vote and let your voice be heard!

I Votes yes I am tired of seen such a good open source community go down by the big flame wars we have here.

Ill be more than glad to help out and be more involve with the community.

I voted "yes". Maybe then the snide remarks would stop and then things wouldn't have to escalate.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Minnesota
No, thanks. I prefer those who are capable of acting like adults to do so on their own and, when they fail, to amuse me by insulting each other.

So, to revise the ancient Greeks for modern geeks: no things in moderation. ;-)

I only want the spam postings to be moderated away, the rest I don't worry about. Seen it worse elsewhere.

Edit: I should add that moderators are used successfully on forums like e.g. Brighthand, where they mostly don't "moderate" people's postings but simply are there to move postings to the correct place, merge duplicate threads, helping with making posts 'sticky' and so on.

Last edited by TA-t3; 2007-06-01 at 09:53.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
We all should moderate our own dang selves...

No magical numbers of moderators can prevent childish and inappropriate posts...

If a post or poster bothers you it should be reported to Reggie using the tools already provided...
I bet not many people know they exist.
In the upper right hand corner of every post (next to the threads post number) is an exclamation icon. Click on that sucker to report the post.

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts
I think if more people read the rules and familiarized themselves with the place before they go a posting, there would be less garbage posted.

For those who can't be bothered with trivial things like reading rules and such, a moderator from another forum has prepared the following flash video.

Last edited by YoDude; 2007-06-01 at 11:50.

Hilarious..

HAHAHAHA YouDude that was awesome!!!

euchreprof please click that you will learn a lot!
LOL

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I agree with Ta-t3, just naming some people as spam control would be enough for me. As far as the rest, opinions are like aholes, and everyone has one, and most people are one, at least once and a while. Some perhaps myself included are more often than others, but what are you going to do. I think deep passionate debates about nothing are great, sometimes people just need to get some thicker skin, and if you post stupid comments, be prepared to deal with people telling you they are stupid...no harm no foul

I agree and disagree with you guys... I agree I am one of those who just ignore stupid post and flamers... I disagree because is so constant now that is giving the place a bad name... there is no control... I know people in Houston who own N800's and they stay away from this forum due to the flame wars...
Just my 2 cents...