Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
13. nh1402 (Durdle door)

A lovely photo of a lovely place but I feel that the fitting with the theme is a bit forced. You could at least have said that it was three cliffs.
The composition is perfect, although the door itself is lost in the dark. It might have helped to try it at a different time of day, although I suspect there might not have been so many bathers at a different time.
My rating: 9/10
It is indeed forced, but saying 3 cliffs which is essentially the same landmass didn't sit right with me, but I thought I managed to take a good picture for once and wanted to share, the place was packed when I got there so that was the best I could do. Didn't think I would get a 9/10 rating for it though!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
- Best shot with a shitty camera:
Pichlo for his super crisp and colorful use of a Jolla 1
Thanks I was impressed myself how well (technically) the photo turned out with, let's just say, not the best camera in the world. The light conditions were next to perfect on the day, which certainly helped.

It may have been the best photo that fitted the theme but not the best photo I took with my Jolla on the day. That accolade belongs to this photo. You can even see an arrow in mid flight:

Name:  20190418_120118.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  96.5 KB

The shooting girl is my daughter. The other one in the back is from another group.

BTW, this photo was also my candidate. One of the sessions the kids attended on the day was bushcraft. These are doughnuts they cooked on the camp fire:

Name:  20190418_144652.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  93.3 KB

Lastly, what is happening with the TMO image uploader? All three photos I tried to submit in this thread failed to upload. I had to touch them in Paint. Just open and save was enough, but I also took the opportunity to shrink them to 50%.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I know, technically too late. But what is time at tmo?

This is a picture of the sun taken with my N900. I think the two reflections come from the two shades of the sun filter (shown in second image) used to take the picture.

The sun filter is printed SLA parts with a foil from a 3.25 floppy disk as filter material.
The point of this image was to use the N900 as a sextant for celestial navigation. But sadly the accelerometer is not accurate enough, the mean error from six measurements was >1 °.
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Marshall Banana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Sorry I haven't gotten around to tallying the votes. Thanks Macros for pm-ing me so I got an email. I've been occupied trying to figure how to fix the smashed screen on my Xperia X everyone around here pretends they've never heard of such a thing. This shouldn't have kept me from my duties, but it did.

Any way, the totals

mosen (4): imaginaryenemy, eson, Pentona, spfoo
Fellfrosch (2): robthebold, pichlo
Macros (2): peterleinchen, Amboss
catbus (1): Maemish
Pentona (3): catbus, Fellfrosch, mosen
Juiceme (1): Macros

Macros count the same, so I think we can say mosen is the winner of this month's well attended contest. Congratulations!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
I know, technically too late. But what is time at tmo?

This is a picture of the sun taken with my N900. I think the two reflections come from the two shades of the sun filter (shown in second image) used to take the picture.

The sun filter is printed SLA parts with a foil from a 3.25 floppy disk as filter material.
The point of this image was to use the N900 as a sextant for celestial navigation. But sadly the accelerometer is not accurate enough, the mean error from six measurements was >1 °.
That's ingenious. Does is snap on the kickstand magnetically?

Also, if you're interested in pursuing this solar project further, I've got leftover eclipse glasses from which you could re-purpose the foil if you want it. According to my neighbor the photographer, it's 1 million:1 transparent (or would that be opaque?). I suppose that's about 20 f-stops. I haven't verified this, but it does work to bring the light of the sun down to a level you can stare at it.

And thanks for adding the picture even if it was late.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
That's ingenious. Does is snap on the kickstand magnetically?
Thanks and yes, it snaps magnetically to the base of the kickstand and the leg of the kickstand goes through the two slots.

Also, if you're interested in pursuing this solar project further, I've got leftover eclipse glasses from which you could re-purpose the foil if you want it.
I have leftover eclipse glasses too, but i didn't want to cut them. So you should keep yours and take a peek at the sun from time to time

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marshall Banana For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Congratulations!
to all from my side

Sorry for the delay, may topic "Lighting" is open now.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
If only this would have been the topic for last month.

Near Guilin in China there is a cave named "Red Flute Cave".
Its overwhelmingly huge and has the most impressive stalagmite and stalactite formations I have seen till today. And here the clou: They decided to light it with colored lights, and It looks just incredibly amazing.

The best thing: The guide doesn't push you trough, you are free to roam around.

Last edited by Macros; 2019-05-04 at 16:53.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Wonderful. I love caves!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I would like a gategory with zero points

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition