Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Nice, congrats Ste-phan.
Hope you choose an outdoor topic again so we have an incentive for a walk again

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Nice, congrats Ste-phan.
Hope you choose an outdoor topic again so we have an incentive for a walk again
Thank you, I would like to apologize for not being around during voting.

I am thinking about "birds in action". Some parts of the world now have spring time there is a lot going on if you look around.

With the wide angles on the mobile phones it sure should give incentive to use your shoes..

Or you could just sit and have a coffee waiting for something to fly over. And if that did not bring any luck, well, feeding the doves will give you a vallid entry end of the month

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post

#14.ste-phan - 808 PW
Way too small image. The lighting is excellent and colours come out striking. mass-balancing is really good and the picture pushes out of the backbround really well. Oh how I only wish this was larger!

And finally my candidate; My vote goes to the last picture, #14
(but it is only because it is so good, this is absolutely last time I want to EVER see so many too small images, huh?)
Hi Juiceme, I know what you mean but please check my original entry post, the cryptic weblink under the forum attached image is the original. I meant to have read that this is a requirement for valid entry. Enjoy

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Hi Juiceme, I know what you mean but please check my original entry post, the cryptic weblink under the forum attached image is the original. I meant to have read that this is a requirement for valid entry. Enjoy
Ooh, I totally missed that! Thanks!
Viewing the original fully confirms what I squintingly extrapolated from your image, it is very good and indeed deserves to be the winner of this round.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Ooh, I totally missed that! Thanks!
Viewing the original fully confirms what I squintingly extrapolated from your image, it is very good and indeed deserves to be the winner of this round.
Indeed, that's an example of the best mobile camera (808 PV) with pro-skilled shot.

The next bird theme will depend a lot on zooming ability I guess, if too close will likely scare her off. On camera side, Nokia/MS PureView devices will have some advantage on zooming...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
The next bird theme will depend a lot on zooming ability I guess, if too close will likely scare her off.
Some may say it is not wise to give hints to "competitors", but i am more a fan of many nice pictures so:

I am happy to have had some successful bird action photo series using a cheap gorilla pod fake, 1sec timelapse and some irresistible seed mixture

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I am happy to have had some successful bird action photo series using a cheap gorilla pod fake, 1sec timelapse and some irresistible seed mixture
That's a great idea! Yummy! They will keep coming for that!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I had to look up gorilla pod but... improvised tripod? No problem!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Wohoo, very cool improvised! I love that thing

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
"Birds in action"

hard one... no birds here... only birds that i can see are flying high and upside down, backbags on their backs... because they do not want to see the misery and cold and really want to go anywhere else...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Hong Kong
@juiceme - How do I upload bigger pictures? The upload boxout says the images must be max 620 pixels, or am I missing something?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rm250j For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, competition, february, landscapes, phone