Notices

Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
Well, if the browser is sufficient, you should be able to use any basic online remote desktop service, such as logmein.org.
The online service of logmein only seems to work with with Windows Mobile, Symbian and Blackberry.. Dont think there is support for Maemo yet..

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Bulgaria
I'd also appreciate RDP support.

VNC is not a substitute when connecting to a Windows machine. It only transfers images while RDP is much smarter and integrated with the OS.

This allows it to work over slow connections without becoming a blurry mess.

Last edited by Corwin_bg; 2009-11-01 at 11:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corwin_bg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi, the cli version of the rdesktop will most probably work as is. (At least this was the case when moved to Maemo 4.)

What you most probably would like to ask is if pyRDesktop, i.e. the front-end made by TrueJournals, could be ported to Maemo 5. It's quite nice and useful.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Corwin_bg View Post
VNC is not a substitute when connecting to a Windows machine. It only transfers images while RDP is much smarter and integrated with the OS.

This allows it to work over slow connections without becoming a blurry mess.
For the same reasons I'd love an NX client for dealing with Linux machines. VNC is just too slow.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by StasuMygdala View Post
The online service of logmein only seems to work with with Windows Mobile, Symbian and Blackberry.. Dont think there is support for Maemo yet..
There was a maemo 4 version of logmein. We'll have to see if they create a maemo 5 version. Probably not hard given it's just a browser plugin.

Originally Posted by theflew View Post
There was a maemo 4 version of logmein. We'll have to see if they create a maemo 5 version. Probably not hard given it's just a browser plugin.
I was referring to the Online Remote Service of LogMeIn (as Kieron did) and not the software version..

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, US
Originally Posted by 406NotAcceptable View Post
For the same reasons I'd love an NX client for dealing with Linux machines. VNC is just too slow.
I love NX, it's so much better than any other remote desktop software I have ever dealt with. I saw somewhere that there were efforts to get qtnx working on N8XX. I'm not sure how successful they were, but a NX client for maemo 5 would be great.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by pinsh View Post
I love NX, it's so much better than any other remote desktop software I have ever dealt with. I saw somewhere that there were efforts to get qtnx working on N8XX. I'm not sure how successful they were, but a NX client for maemo 5 would be great.
Well, it worked. But there is no scaling or zooming or gestures of any kind.

Does this include going the other way? As in can you setup a VNC server on the N900 and remote into it? Sounds like this project's focus is going on the other way.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by StasuMygdala View Post
i can go to the site, login and select the computer, but then it is just a blank screen on the e90.

was there a .sis file that i missed somewhere?