Notices

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
I was able to install v.6 and connect to several servers ;was all happy. But, after powering off the n810, now it does not work ; "connection failed". I suspect a cert prob. Tried uninstall / reinstall, no dice and the server history list is still there, so traces of the previous install remain.
Are there log files for the client?
Thanks,
Steve

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
Some progress! It appears that the problem has to do with encryption and the V 4.4 of RealVNC we run on the servers. Have had some success with using "legacy 3.3" option. Still testing.

Steve

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone was having problems with the sound. I was using VNC on my nokia n800 and using ubuntu's remote desktop. I cannot hear the music play on the nokia n800 when it is playing on the desktop. Maybe I'm not well informed but is the sound suppose to work or is that feature not inplemented yet?
Any help would really be appreciated. Also when I connect from other internet connections other than my own, i am unable to connect to my computer. does it have to do with a router firewall? where would i look , i am having trouble finding information on this.

Last edited by d2marc; 2008-06-05 at 02:46.

AFAlK sound does not work acrosss vnc... but I would love to be proven wrong!

vnc uses port 5900, and if Port Adress Translation is used on the firewall, that might break it I either vpn in , or use a NAT that I setup for one server at work ... not a good security practice.
Steve

Last edited by stevecrye; 2008-06-05 at 03:03.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Orange County, CA, USA
When I try to install 0.6 for N800 (non-Diablo) I get "Incompatible application package".

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
If you're running Diablo, you need to install v. 0.6.1-diablo1 in the Maemo Extras repository.

Nah, I am running chinook and this deb worked:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...ook1_armel.deb

Thanks!

Getting "Could not connect to server" though. The 'server' is running TightVNC listener, port 5500 (all other fail immediately), Hexitile encoding...

Edit:
Installed WinVNC and was able to connect. But then the VNCViewer disconnects ...

Edit 2:
To recap, here is what I have:
VNC Viewer (latest for non-Diablo) on the N800
UltraVNC (WinVNC) on my computer (they are in the same local network)

I go to the VNC Viewer, input IPort and click connect. I see that the UltraVNC acknowledges the connection, but then it disconnects. Here is the log:
http://download87.mediafire.com/nmjj...3g9/WinVNC.log

Hope this will help someone.

Last edited by hyankov; 2008-09-08 at 05:42.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ahhh, I think you may be having the same problem I had. I am running RealVNC server and had to enable (or maybe disable) 3.3 compatibility mode. I don't think the VNCviewer on the N800 supports the listening mode protocol, it uses the default port 5900. I have had it working with TightVNC, but not using the "listening" server protocol. After I discovered the 3.3 compatibility mode solution I stopped using TightVNC. You may want to verify the username the server is expecting since the viewer doesn't prompt you for one, only the password.

Actually, when I connected to another WiFi, I was able to VNC using UltraVnc server. Go figure...