Notices

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Hello,

I don't know how to recompile programs from source code, let alone do it for maemo. Is there someone with those skills who would be willing to do it or tell me how? I would really apreciate it!

The source code for Cadabra is here: http://cadabra.phi-sci.com/download.html#source

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by qw3rty View Post
Hello,

I don't know how to recompile programs from source code, let alone do it for maemo. Is there someone with those skills who would be willing to do it or tell me how? I would really apreciate it!

The source code for Cadabra is here: http://cadabra.phi-sci.com/download.html#source
Hi, If interested, you can get cadabra via easy debian. Instructions are in the Easy Debian Fremantle Beta Testing thread.

EDIT: Check post 1714 and some of the follow up.

Last edited by mscion; 2011-02-14 at 16:08.

Thanks for the suggestion, and yeah, I saw that thread when I searched the forums, but it seemed wasteful to install full easy debian for just one program (especially given that I don't have 2GB of free space on the phone or memory card...). Is it that difficult to recompile a program on maemo natively?

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by qw3rty View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, and yeah, I saw that thread when I searched the forums, but it seemed wasteful to install full easy debian for just one program (especially given that I don't have 2GB of free space on the phone or memory card...). Is it that difficult to recompile a program on maemo natively?
Well, it is a big chunk of territory and things can get a bit tight at times! For me it is worth having easy debian because I use, for example, open office, wxmaxima, and even abiword at times. Regardless, I would like to learn how to do something like this as it would be a good exercise to try. Hope someone comes to the rescue and provides some direction.

Last edited by mscion; 2011-02-15 at 13:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
*bump*

Can anyone at least point me in the right direction? What is necessary to compile the source code?