Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
When locked, fully pressing the camera button in will pause/play the track; the volume keys will function as normal but if you keep the camera button half-pressed in, the volume keys will now go to the previous/next track.

I decided to do a Nokia here and make an application that would really be suited to customisation by its users but I released it as a closed source app, instead. My thoughts are also to be found in the application, too. Goodbye
Attached Files
File Type: deb extended-locked-media-control_0.1_armel.deb (15.2 KB, 1277 views)

The Following 115 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Alex Atkin UK, alienhead, AlMehdi, Andre Klapper, antezz, Apoc, arjunkumar87, avinashsonee, Bad_Habit, baron von bubba, Berserk, brandonc, bunanson, Bundyo, capitannemo, casper27, cfh11, cipper, clearorca, Cobra, Corwin, cy8aer, dana.s, danramos, Dany-69, Dark_Angel85, DaSilva, debernardis, Dousan, elbttrd, elie-7, Estel, esthreel, etuoyo, F2thaK, festivalnut, finite, fms, Forphucsake, forsagar, gabby131, gidyn, God's Toy, Helmuth, hesham, humble, ian_ryge, ibrakalifa, IcyAirs, inidrog, ivyking, jakiman, jd4200, jipee296, JorgeFX, K9999, kevloral, kishan, Maj3stic, Marklar, moepda, MohammadAG, mrsellout, musculus, nashith, noobmonkey, paddyc1988, panjgoori, pantera1989, Parlapipas, Patola, petur, Pigro, qosmio, quingu, qw3rty, RafaLL92, raily, Rauha, RAZOR, rdwrig0ceo, rnb89, rotoflex, sachin007, sashabe, SavageD, shazosbourne, sierrafoxtrot, Sin, sixwheeledbeast, Snoshrk, spanner, SSLMM, tekplay, The Rotter, The Wizard of Huz, tHMZ, titi974, Transcend, Turkishflavor, twaelti, vdx29, Venemo, visN900, vi_, vkv.raju, woussie, x61, xXxTJxXx, YavkatA, ysss, zdanee, zwer
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
When locked, fully pressing the camera button in will pause/play the track; the volume keys will function as normal but if you keep the camera button half-pressed in, the volume keys will now go to the previous/next track.

I decided to do a Nokia here and make an application that would really be suited to customisation by its users but I released it as a closed source app, instead. My thoughts are also to be found in the application, too. Goodbye
I don't know what to make of this. Is that a final goodbye? Makes me want to not download the application

The Following User Says Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post

Thanks for the app, I've been wanting this kind of app forever on N900 (though I'd prefer to see on the lock screen also the name of the artis and song but oh well). One small bug though (which I assume you're not fixing, if you're really leaving, that is) : if you have the screen locked and the lock screen-image is on visible, you can't skip to the next/previous song. Once the screen is black again, it works just fine.

o.o...This is much Awesomeness! A super mega awesome giant thanks to you qwerty12!

Edit: Wow, one awesome developer leaving the community after so many contributions...simply speechless...

Seeing this video today, I see that nokia plans to push qt using meego...some plan that turns out to be.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-08-04 at 02:47.

Well, my opinion on note included in app - you should've kept it to yourself.
Council unfortunately can do **** all, well they can cover their asses.
Flash ( well, flash should just die ) but nokia is only part of a problem, adobe is part of it (everything required to port plugin is open and available - and plugin is available for x86 for free directly from adobe - why ARM should be different?).
Closed software from nokia - well, after spending some time analysing BME i've got feeling that they keep software closed because they are to ashamed to release code of so poor quality.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Qwerty,

You have amassed 5528 thanks and untold kudos from people who do appreciate your efforts over the time you have been here.

You are one of the brightest Linux hackers around and have skills and knowledge that takes you to IT godhood, I will be personally thankful to you for your guidance and help for a long time.

content of the message itself, holy ****.
One word you should learn for next time you feel the need
tact
noun
1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense;
skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.
this message and its repercussions will be associated with you now for a long time and may well come to bite you in the *** later.

all the best for the future (hopefully your rant will not put off any prospective employers)

Gary

Last edited by lcuk; 2010-08-04 at 10:28. Reason: understated community thanks, this whole thing makes me facepalm

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Wow, that was a long rant. I downloaded the app and passed strings through the executable... Well, what can I say? I think many people here feel deeply betrayed by Nokia, like you. I didn't thank you for the app (I don't like closed-source) but for the rant, which was funny. Hope you get back some day, because as others have said it here, you're a great programmer, and thanks for rootsh also.

The Following User Says Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
Anyone mind pasting qwerty's remarks to me via pm? Don't want to install the app just to read it. Though it's probably well aimed (and well deserved) at Nokia.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I'm only a user of N900 and programs made by you and others. I thank you for your apps and abundance of help you gave others. Hope you don't hate the entire community as there is no perfect community wherever you go. =P

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
well nokia's plans to offload all their work onto hard working and kind hearted developers seems to be more in ruins than ever, when one of the best is leaving the community. I selfishly hope its just a lovers tiff and you'll kiss and make up, but also wish you all the best with your future exploits if you dont come back. so long dude.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Tags
childish, fa[n]bo[j]s, icanhazapp?, ranting, reality, ridiculous, strong language, teen_angst, warning