Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
*this date represents the best estimated date provided by the vendor....
But it is an estimated day provided by the vendor aka Nokia. And it's something a bit more definitive than a lot of the other dates I seen posted (emphasis on 'a bit' ).

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Here is a summary of Canada frequency coverage:

http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_ca.shtml

The more i try to figure out coverage for the N900 in Canada, the more i get confused... for example Videotron is listed as 3G 1700... does that mean that AWS can actually operate on the same band for up/down ? Can the N900 operate on any of its supported frequencies independantly?

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
Wow, I wouldn't put the N900 and rap in the same statement. Like they say, you can't have crap without rap.
Do you listen to rap? Fool. Please shut up.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
The more i try to figure out coverage for the N900 in Canada, the more i get confused... for example Videotron is listed as 3G 1700... does that mean that AWS can actually operate on the same band for up/down ? Can the N900 operate on any of its supported frequencies independantly?
I'm not sure about how this all works either. All I know is that T-Mobile USA handsets should work on the new AWS networks in Canada (Wind, DAVE, and Videotron). That should mean the N900.

So Quebecois will have an N900-compatible option sooner rather than later with Videotron. That's good news. At least Quebecor didn't sit on their hands. As for prices, who knows?

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Berlin, Germany

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Saint-Jérôme, Québec
Originally Posted by qole View Post
So Quebecois will have an N900-compatible option sooner rather than later with Videotron. That's good news. At least Quebecor didn't sit on their hands. As for prices, who knows?
I wrote to Vidéotron to check if by chance they could say more.

They wrote back that they were actually working on setting-up their new 3G+ network. And they said that in the beginning of 2010 they will have more informations about the network and the services.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brunoqc For This Useful Post: