Does it support iphone like Visual Voice Mail?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
What i would like is actually voicemail on the phone so i don't have to pay for the service! (I don't care if i miss one when it's off once in a while)

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
I am pretty certain the device can support it, the thing you need is a software implementation of it. Consider using GoogleVoice

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I don't think it's part of GSM standard. So it's up to the operator to open up this service to N900 users, and for someone to develop the client to access it..

this is more of an operator feature than a phone feature. with some google voice and minimal prgramming/design you could hack one up for yourself. Here is a good place to start looking at something like that

http://chriscarey.com/projects/asterisk/iphone/

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
T-Mobile US has VVM enabled. Their VVM client for Android is very good. Since many (most?) N900 users will use T-Mo to get 3G, and there's at least a possibility of T-Mo offering the N900 later, we can hope that either T-Mo will port their VVM client to Maemo or some developer will come up with their own.

I use Google Voice myself. Works very well and has the big advantages of transcripts and 'spoofing' your real phone number. I no longer have to give out my 'real' cellphone number for business purposes. Can also block calls and much, much more.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post: