Notices

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Just loaded Personal Launcher v0.7-2. Does not work. Can click the box in "Home" applet but it unchecks itself after clicking "OK". No icons appear on desktop. I did do a reboot as directed.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2008-11-18 at 20:24.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Hmm, I think the only thing I did was some packaging changes (changed section to user/desktop for example). This version is just in extras-devel right now. Try going back to the older version, and I will definitely look at this tonight.

In the meantime, can anyone else confirm this? I am just heading out the door, so I can test it but I won't be able to report back here right away.

Same here. Uninstalled and reinstalled again, same situation.

Having the same issue.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Albuquerque
same situation here

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for all the replies. I have found the problem - I accidentally released my experimental version that is quite clearly not ready. Oops!

I have a new version in extras-devel that will fix this problem. Please upgrade. Sorry for the trouble.

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Thanks for the fix, version 0.7-3 works fine.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Glendale, CA
Could you check the personal-launcher source code into the subversion repo on garage? I might poke at it if you did that.

Thanks for such a cool app!

microe - I have never set up a subversion repository, but I have been thinking it is increasingly likely that I do. I don't want to depend on a single development machine to keep all my changes, as hardware fails.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Southborough, MA - USA
I tried to DL personal launcher (updated on 11/22 -- today) but I get this message "The requested URL /extras/dists/chinook/install/personal-launch.install was not found on this server". I am trying the DL from the maemo website.