Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
It seems that the Galaxy SII's SAMOLED+ display has uneven colour across the surface:

http://www.gsmarena.com/specs_of_a_c...-news-2717.php
* bottom flipped to show colour difference.

... the one mar to this otherwise perfect display.

Of course, this is hardly a major concern... or is it?! Let us know if this is a deal-breaker.
One of my workmates upgraded his iPhone 3GS to the Galaxy S II today.

I put side by side with my Desire HD, and the screen is just insanely good. I'll have to check for that colour difference tomorrow.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Guys with Android devices install this now!

File Expert v3.1.0 FREE ROOT file manager with enhanced networking support

https://market.android.com/details?id=xcxin.filexpert

http://www.xageek.com/en/

You will thank me

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Android and Me have a writeup about the first real case of fragmentation on the Android platform -- the games and how that may affect purchase decisions:

http://androidandme.com/2011/06/appl...android-phone/

I haven't read it yet, but it's interesting that developers are targeting specific hardware to roll out their titles. NVidia and Qualcomm are taking this very seriously, and it shows as they garner developer support.

Would the availability of games determine your next buy?

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
One of my workmates upgraded his iPhone 3GS to the Galaxy S II today.

I put side by side with my Desire HD, and the screen is just insanely good. I'll have to check for that colour difference tomorrow.
I know, nothing quite competes with the SAMOLED+. Its like candy for your eyes.

I can't wait until it finds itself into the tablet space. A 7" with this would get major points.

Here we go! You knew it was going to happen. Qualcomm declared war on NVidia by announcing 100 games (some from large publishers) optimized for their Snapdragon SoCs:

http://androidandme.com/2011/06/news...android-games/

They have the equivalent of a Tegra-zone happening and will go head to head with the ultra-aggressive NVidia.

Who would have thought that Qualcomm would be in the position to become an upcoming gaming powerhouse?!

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Personally, I'm not much of a gamer (although from time to time I'll get caught up in something). That said, I don't see the appeal of staring at a 4" screen for hours gaming with minimal controls (tilt / multi-touch).

So, for a phone sized device, I really think service (carrier), screen size, battery, other options, are going to come before cpu/gpu choice based on games available. My phone is mostly used for a time killer, and games should be easy to start and stop quickly, nothing too involved. Difficult to stop in the middle of a mission when the line moves faster than you expected and it's suddenly your turn.

Tablets are a little different. To me they still suffer from a control problem. I'd think a well done graphically intense game would benefit from a gaming controller with multiple joysticks, buttons, etc. The bigger higher res screens on tablets would be great, but for gaming you may not want to hold the extra weight for an extended period of time. So, you'd probably set it down, and need a controller. For me having to take a controller along reduces the portability (and possibly charger).

I'd guess a smaller percentage of people would buy based on available games, but I'd bet the majority are going to be more concerned with apps in general and media capabilities (playing hd video, tv out, sound quality, etc) and perhaps productivity (office) type apps.

I'd be more likely to buy a tablet with a particular cpu/gpu if it had a specialized linux distro compiled for it that took advantage of a particular cpu/gpu combo. Either as a dual boot or an app/vnc session.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
Guys with Android devices install this now!

File Expert v3.1.0 FREE ROOT file manager with enhanced networking support

https://market.android.com/details?id=xcxin.filexpert

http://www.xageek.com/en/

You will thank me
Did this AGES ago. Excellent app, by the by, in case anyone felt they needed to see MY endorsement before trying it out for themselves. heheh

Also, I'm with Lemmyslender on his last post.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Here we go! You knew it was going to happen. Qualcomm declared war on NVidia by announcing 100 games (some from large publishers) optimized for their Snapdragon SoCs:

http://androidandme.com/2011/06/news...android-games/

They have the equivalent of a Tegra-zone happening and will go head to head with the ultra-aggressive NVidia.

Who would have thought that Qualcomm would be in the position to become an upcoming gaming powerhouse?!
This is why I installed chainfire3d on my phone first thing. Plugins let me play Tegra games and these as well.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
watched the xda developers registration video.hahaha funny thing

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
watched the xda developers registration video.hahaha funny thing
What video? Share! I didn't see one when I registered for it.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy