Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
What do you mean 'distort the image'?
A pen press on the screen with the OQO 01+ active digitizer would be the same as you pressing your finger into your LCD screen pretty gosh darn hard. It would honestly warp the screen just even on the lightest of presses. I got pretty good at the hover + click method, knowing that the moment I touch down, right under my pen would distort like a hard pen press.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
A pen press on the screen with the OQO 01+ active digitizer would be the same as you pressing your finger into your LCD screen pretty gosh darn hard. It would honestly warp the screen just even on the lightest of presses. I got pretty good at the hover + click method, knowing that the moment I touch down, right under my pen would distort like a hard pen press.
Gotcha... Yeah, that would bite. This type of a display almost requires glass (or some other ultra-clear and hard material -- perhaps like cost-effective diamond? )

I'm interested to try the HTC flyer, though I'm not terribly impressed with the input lag that I see in the videos, and it's hard to get a feel for the accuracy (eg. small strokes).

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Try something like this, mate..

It would be better built in, but it's not the end of the world.
Like what mate? No link
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Like what mate? No link
You win again, internet...

Ok, I've edited the post, and the links are here:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/compact...5mm-jack-54438
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/compact...sb-3-5mm-39684

It doesn't. N900 does. I'm an Android user and even I won't allow myself to think that it does true multi-tasking.
I put it in the paragraph where I was talking about things I miss about the N900! I know android does not do true multi-tasking, the N900 does. If the N900 had 1gb RAM we would be in business.

Anyhow, I'm getting used to the android way of multi-tasking. I haven't noticed it's not true as on the N900 I used to load a webpage and switch o another task while it loaded. It just loads too fast on SGS2 to have time to fill

Btw, I also need a remote desktop type of application. The setup I will be using when I travel for work is hook the SGS2 to the hotel flatscreen using the HDMI out, use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and a remote desktop application to get the full desktop feel.

That is the plan, something that wasn't possible with the N900 just because the video out did not mirror in the right dimensions.

It may not be possible on android either but the HDMI mirroring is great.

Originally Posted by inzimam View Post
I put it in the paragraph where I was talking about things I miss about the N900! I know android does not do true multi-tasking, the N900 does. If the N900 had 1gb RAM we would be in business.

Anyhow, I'm getting used to the android way of multi-tasking. I haven't noticed it's not true as on the N900 I used to load a webpage and switch o another task while it loaded. It just loads too fast on SGS2 to have time to fill
You must be virtually thr only N900 user who doesn't thinl MicroB is the best mobile phone browser.

Anyway enjoy yourself on the Android forums if you manage to find a decent one.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
ORLY? as a gadget I am sure it is fantatstic. As a phone? I dont think so. Androids implementation of the 'phone' feature just ****ing blows. Everyone knows if you want a good 'phone' you get a symbian.

Cool story bro, now tell me how I swype a double tab into xterm?

Are you ****ing high? Do you even know what multi-tasking is? Unless of course 'true multi-tasking' as a marketing name for something that isnt actually multitasking.

Good thinking, if only there was somewhere to attach the stylus to the 'phone'

Free as in without financial cost, not a cost that can be easured in privacy.

yeah, good luck with that.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.

Clearly an android is the best device for you. Its gee-wiz APPZ and gadgetry is ideal for your user level.

Just remember you have given up the most flexible piece of pocket hardware ever made just so you can lol-tweet on your faceblog.

Good luck.
why are you people so ready to flame a guy thatg wrote his opinion about a new phone? He said he missed true multitasking, not that S2 has one, but it seems eb here just looks for excuses to burn the heretic.
And there are a bunch of free (speech) applications for android.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
It doesn't. N900 does. I'm an Android user and even I won't allow myself to think that it does true multi-tasking.
Android does multi-tasking differently than N900, but as it allows tasks to run simultaneously, it is most definitely multitasking. It gives the developer more control over what is to be backgrounded when an app loses focus, and lets the OS better manage these states.

Saying that Android doesn't have true multitasking because of a different developer interface, is like saying the N900's Maemo doesn't have a true UI in that it has no movable windows.

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2011-05-27 at 22:43.

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
You must be virtually thr only N900 user who doesn't thinl MicroB is the best mobile phone browser.

Anyway enjoy yourself on the Android forums if you manage to find a decent one.
It does not (at least on my N900) render pages faster than what I've experienced so far on the SGS2. Perhaps I could have done something to improve it but I took all the steps I read on this forum. I also found it to be extremely slow when you first open MicroB and load the first website.

I can see a few small limitations of Android, but clearly for someone like me it is more than sufficient.

1) I needed (or maybe just wanted) google maps
2) unfortunately I have some younger friends that live on facebook/ whatsapp and LiveProfile so though not essential, the ability to use these without lag or delay is another plus
3) Flash 10.3 - required for some stock trading websites or just download the android app for them
4) Have navigation voice come from the phone while phone hooked up to bluetooth car stereo for phone calls - I was on this forum looking for solutions but nothing for N900
5) BBC iPlayer just works flawlessly and something I value when commuting to work
6) MKV (h264) files can just be dropped on the device - no wasting time converting files
7)Pinch to zoom - I didn't realise how much easier it could make life in certain circumstances
8) Since I got the N900 I was looking for a solution to sync my calendar with google as well as my girl friend's without complication. This is achieved with ease seeing as it is android.
9)Voice to text - works pretty much perfectly and useful when driving or when hands are full, but not essential before you say it!
10)Navigation - a choice of navigation is a breath of fresh air. I mean, sygic was good but they are ceasing support and traffic data is quite important to me given I commute a lot for work

These are the things I was missing from the N900 - perhaps through my laziness but mainly due to circumstances. I don't have much knowledge of linux like some of you and so cannot live in Terminal for the rest of my life like Tom Hanks did.

No doubt the N900 is a beast of a device like the N95 was. Unfortunately with lack of support from Nokia it has been left behind.

Google has hit the nail on the head not releasing honeycomb source so people would port it onto phones. That UI is not designed for screens less than 10 inches. People on here (including myself) have said in the past we don't need applications as we have the full net in our hands. Android provides a balance, full internet and the option of easy access through applications to key sites. eg. The Trainline app, Flixster for cinema times

Each to there own, just go for what helps you improve you efficiency and how much you enjoy your device.

Thank you all. Goodnight

Last edited by inzimam; 2011-05-27 at 23:11.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to inzimam For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, fight!, who gives a fok, woohoo