Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
I'm Traveling to Romania for the next 3 weeks and, of course, I'll take my beloved N900 with me. I want to get for this period some prepaid service that includes internet access. Is Orange prepaid the best option?

What are the APN settings for Orange Romania?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by ioan View Post
I'm Traveling to Romania for the next 3 weeks and, of course, I'll take my beloved N900 with me. I want to get for this period some prepaid service that includes internet access. Is Orange prepaid the best option?

What are the APN settings for Orange Romania?

Thanks.
nope. I urge you to take cosmote for a ride....a prepaid well featured with data plan and minutes (of course those minutes are for national and network use)

http://cosmote.ro/ro/default.aspx?ns=-10000

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgezilla For This Useful Post:
Been over there a few weeks ago. I had two prepaid SIM cards, one for data (for my laptop) and one with both data and voice for my phone. Both were from Vodafone and I was pretty pleased with their service.
Anyway, remember to disable the autoupdates (set the interval to something like one year) or they will eat your data like crazy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
You should check out each operator's website for prepaid offers. As far as offers stand, Cosmote has the best offers for money value. Unfortunately, I have not been a client of Cosmote services, prepaid or postpaid, so I cannot tell you the quality.

I am however a client of Orange Romania and their services are good. A bit more expensive than Cosmote, but still cheaper than Vodafone, for example. Your N900 will automatically configure itself with the Internet settings when you insert the SIM.

Also, if you want to call home, be sure to check websites for international calling options because you get better tariffs that way.

I also attached the websites of Romanian mobile operators:

Cosmote Romania
Orange Romania
Vodafone Romania

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geojoking For This Useful Post:
Vodafone has a promotion where you have like 70 international minutes for 5 euro a month (also 1k minutes in the Vodafone network). Unfortunately, I had to spend them all with the bank, to be able to use my credit card :/
BTW, cred ca suntme numai romani in threadul asta

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
Vodafone has a promotion where you have like 70 international minutes for 5 euro a month (also 1k minutes in the Vodafone network). Unfortunately, I had to spend them all with the bank, to be able to use my credit card :/
BTW, cred ca suntme numai romani in threadul asta
I already called my bank telling them that I'm traveling to Europe for 3 weeks. They promised me that I'm going to have no problems using my cards :-)

Yeah, I did that too, and they said there will be no problems. But when I wanted to get money from my ATM, surprise surprise..
Stayed for 4 days without any money.. If I were in a foreign country, I would have been fu*ked really bad.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
But when I wanted to get money from my ATM, surprise surprise..
Stayed for 4 days without any money..
haha! at least you saved some money in that period ;-)

Hello,
Not the best option. I just lost some money with one of their offers (paid but never received). All that the client service could answer was that it was my fault and they invited me to chose an additional offer even more expensier... So I'll be moving to another operator.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leeloo For This Useful Post:

Tags
orange, prepaid, romania