Firstly I've read every thread on this topic and the suggestions have not resolved the issue which is:

My bluetooth won't switch on, I'm not sure when it stopped working but it has, if I try and turn it on it just doesn't. I have tried the following in vain:

Reflashed roots and emmc

Deleted all files in the /var/lib/bluetooth folder then rebooted stopped bluetoothd then started bluetoothd then tried enabling.

There was a suggestion to run the command HCICONFIG in one of the posts I read, I've run this under root and it provides no output. If I'm understanding this correctly does this mean that it can't find the bluetooth chip/module at all? and that it's probably hardware problem?

Thanks in advance?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
As far as I know, those libs are required to run bluetooth in the first place, so deleting them would not help to get Bluetooth operable.

Second: On my N900 there is no such thing as hciconfig, I do have hcitool, though.

There is a man page, nevertheless, on hciconfig, to be found here.
http://maemo.org/development/documen...es/1227618944/

Perhaps it helps you.

Personally, I would try and reinstall the osso-module for bluetooth.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
As far as I know, those libs are required to run bluetooth in the first place, so deleting them would not help to get Bluetooth operable.

Second: On my N900 there is no such thing as hciconfig, I do have hcitool, though.

There is a man page, nevertheless, on hciconfig, to be found here.
http://maemo.org/development/documen...es/1227618944/

Perhaps it helps you.

Personally, I would try and reinstall the osso-module for bluetooth.
Thanks, I think your right I have HCITOOL.

Running this I got back msg 'no devices'

Do you know how I can uninstall and then re-instal the OSSU bluetooth module, presumably directly from the terminal?

Thanks for your help.

Update.... I installed FMradio it fails with the message 'Cannot activate Bluetooth/FM combo chip'

Last edited by ziggadebo; 2013-02-12 at 17:56. Reason: performed another test