Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Since there is some small issues with autoposting from maemo.org/news to TMO under @CommunityCouncil nick, I will post this myself.

Dear friends and Maemoans. It is again the time for us to elect the new Community Council.

The schedule for the voting process is as follows:

The nomination period starts next Monday, on the 1st of May 2017 and will continue until the 23rd of May 2017.
The election starts on Thursday, on the 1st of June 2017 and will continue until the 7th of June 2017. In order for us to keep the community strong, we need to have new people with fresh ideas to carry on the torch. So, please consider volunteering for the position of Maemo Council.

On behalf of the outgoing Community Council,

eekkelund
Link: Original article.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
How long is the council term? Is it now a whole year or did the last term just slip? I've no problem with either, I'm just curious.

Anyway, I nominate all current members of the council plus Android_808, Copernicus, endsormeans, gerbick, marxian, mosen, mscion, peterleinchen, rcolistete, robthebold, rzr, sicelo, t-b, theonelaw and Wikiwide.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
How long is the council term? Is it now a whole year or did the last term just slip? I've no problem with either, I'm just curious.
You are correct there; the Council elections should be arranged twice per year but we were so tied in with arranging the Coding Competition that the timeline slipped past.
(Yes, I know that's a sorry excuse )

Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Anyway, I nominate all current members of the council plus Android_808, Copernicus, endsormeans, gerbick, marxian, mosen, mscion, peterleinchen, rcolistete, robthebold, rzr, sicelo, t-b, theonelaw and Wikiwide.
Excellent nominations, and I also nominate wicket.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I would like to take this opportunity to announce my intention not to run in the Council election and not to accept any nominations.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I would like to take this opportunity to announce my intention not to run in the Council election and not to accept any nominations.
lol

10 chars

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
It was not a joke. I am currently a Council member and some may expect me to run again. Plus wicket nominated all current members.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Indeed, it is just as acceptable to decline a nomination as to welcome it; there can be a ton of personal reasons why not run for Council seat.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It was not a joke.
It was the unusual wording that made me laugh, came across as quite sarcastic!

I nominate Dave999

^that is a joke.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
It was the unusual wording that made me laugh, came across as quite sarcastic!

I nominate Dave999

^that is a joke.
That's actually not a too bad idea. We need something to drive Dave's attention and keep him busy from the refund business...

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
@wicket I am flattered by your nomination, but I doubt I am the best man for the job - so I have to decline unless nobody else is willing...

It might be good to have some more technical members in the council, the members that are getting things done (or have done in the past).

Just to name a few, there are certainly more..

pali, Android_808, theKit, wicket, coderus, MartinK, freemangordon, Halftux, chenliangchen, dirkvl

Last edited by t-b; 2017-05-03 at 21:40.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:

Tags
council, election