Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...08#post1324708
There's nothing wrong with keeping this thread a tiny bit on topic. Otherwise it loses its original purpose

On a sidenote to jalyst: mods are not supposed to edit posts, and honestly they would be overcharged to edit some of the moved posts, it would require to write them anew from scratch.

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-07-15 at 13:08.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
When will someone finally fix the non-free upload?

Code:
Uploading to fremantle-extras-devel-non-free (via scp to drop.maemo.org):
scp: /var/www/extras-devel/incoming-nonfree/fremantle: No such file or directory
Warning: The execution of '/usr/bin/scp' as
  'scp -p /home/marcin/modrana/dist/mapnik_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1.dsc /home/marcin/modrana/dist/mapnik_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1.tar.gz /home/marcin/modrana/dist/libmapnik_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_armel.deb /home/marcin/modrana/dist/libmapnik-dev_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_armel.deb /home/marcin/modrana/dist/mapnik-utils_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_armel.deb /home/marcin/modrana/dist/python-mapnik_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_armel.deb /home/marcin/modrana/dist/mapnik-doc_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_all.deb /home/marcin/modrana/dist/mapnik_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_armel.changes marmistrz@drop.maemo.org:/var/www/extras-devel/incoming-nonfree/fremantle'
  returned a nonzero exit code.
Error while uploading.
I used some other package, which was already built, but it's the only way to fix broken libicu48 (because autobuilder is broken with the squeeze devkit)

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
It's been mentioned a couple times already that some posts should moved to offtopic section.
I haven't read the whole topic (have not time), so excuse me if I've moved some wrong posts to the offtopic section.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93451
The discussion wasn't strictly about HiFo (as that thread's titled), it was about finding ways to overcome the hosting quagmire for proprietary bits, which isn't completely off-topic in this thread. Spinning it out to an "off-topic" thread doesn't make sense in this instance, as it was at least loosely on-topic, only some content in Woody's/Joer's posts was off-topic (as it was personal attacks).

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...08#post1324708
There's nothing wrong with keeping this thread a tiny bit on topic. Otherwise it loses its original purpose
It wasn't strictly on-topic, but it was definitely closely related in that it was talking about how best to deal with hosting of the proprietary bits, I don't see how that's completely off-topic.
Woody raised some legit concerns around that, they mustn't be whitewashed as if they're not there, it must be laid out & ideas thrown about as-to-how we avoid/mitigate future (potential) issues, no?

If this thread must strictly be about tracking highly technical events relating to maemo.org infra/migration...
Then at the very least that discussion should be moved to a new dedicated thread that deals with the contentious issue of:
"How best to host proprietary bits which HiFo's (governance body & legal entity for maemo/meego community) legally not allowed to, & Nokia/MS hasn't (so far) agreed to do for us."
It shouldn't be moved to a thread that's merely a dumping ground for off-topic posts in the "off-topic" sub-forum.

Anyway what's done is done I guess, I'm not going to bother following that other thread, will just stay sub'd to this, not attacking anyone so apologies if anyone sees it like that.

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-07-15 at 15:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
When will someone finally fix the non-free upload?

[code]Uploading to fremantle-extras-devel-non-free (via scp to drop.maemo.org):
scp: /var/www/extras-devel/incoming-nonfree/fremantle: No such file or directory
Please retry it and ping me if still doesn't works.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Please retry it and ping me if still doesn't works.
Still

Code:
> dput -f fremantle-extras-devel-non-free mapnik_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_armel.changes Uploading to fremantle-extras-devel-non-free (via scp to drop.maemo.org):
Warning: The execution of '/usr/bin/scp' as
  'scp -p /home/marcin/modrana/dist/mapnik_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1.dsc /home/marcin/modrana/dist/mapnik_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1.tar.gz /home/marcin/modrana/dist/libmapnik_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_armel.deb /home/marcin/modrana/dist/libmapnik-dev_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_armel.deb /home/marcin/modrana/dist/mapnik-utils_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_armel.deb /home/marcin/modrana/dist/python-mapnik_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_armel.deb /home/marcin/modrana/dist/mapnik-doc_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_all.deb /home/marcin/modrana/dist/mapnik_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_armel.changes marmistrz@drop.maemo.org:/var/www/extras-devel/incoming-nonfree/fremantle'
  returned a nonzero exit code.
Error while uploading.
Btw., xes, do you know about this "bug": http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...91#post1387091

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Ok, it seems there were a lot of things not in the right place.
I have mounted a missing nfs share and fixed a bunch of symlinks.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Still
Btw., xes, do you know about this "bug": http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...91#post1387091
It seems that some warning inside scratchbox appears as error inside our autobuilder (this explain why the packages builds in your box and not into autobuilder)
So it's no exactly a bug to be fixed..

I have fighted a lot with that trouble while packaging fltk:
https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fre...log.FAILED.txt
and solved here:
https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fre...1.3.2-1maemo5/

Returning to your package, it seems it's missing "dh_makeshlibs" and i think you should upload it without /debian/*.shlibs.

Feel free to take a look to the latest fltk build to check if there is something that can help.

Last edited by xes; 2014-07-15 at 20:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Spinning it out to an "off-topic" thread doesn't make sense in this instance, as it was at least loosely on-topic, only some content in Woody's/Joer's posts was off-topic (as it was personal attacks).
Ah.. But if you have people who are supposed to be "leading the community" that are instead actively attacking the core that's keeping things legally and financially afloat? I assure you that will cause a lot more trouble then a broken garage script, or having to suggest P2P of device images.

How well do you think this community will do when you have a freshly elected Council member threatening to file suite against people for "slander", and sending threatening private mail, like this:

Originally Posted by joerg_rw
giving you a last heads-up, poor sick mad man.
I'll no longer tolerate you publicly damaging my reputation by stating made-up nonsense with no reference/citation. Even estel has the decency to occasionally try and prove his claims by linking to original source. You however just publicly perpetuate your own misconceptions you find so convenient. Even after you received proper correction several times. And now you even come up with totally made up fake stories ("you did so in OM"). You're free to cling to your prejudices and delusions as long as you like - IN PRIVATE!

Please don't fall for any false assumptions about the trouble YOU might get when you continue this way.
Nice huh? Not the first time he's threatened suits against people either. He privately (and the later publicly) did that to at least two Board members over the past cycle as well. That's a small part of why I left the Board, to distance myself before his childish internet rages and ****-ups became my liability.

BTW Joerg: Here's my reply, IN PUBLIC, for all to see. See, I don't play little dumb *** "behind the scenes" games. I say what I say in public, and stand by it. That's true of all my promises, good and bad.

Up till now, I've been nice. Mainly because I've seen you as little more than an internet clown, throwing tantrums over stupid crap that often didn't matter. It was annoying, and threatened Maemo a few times, but never threatened me directly. But let me be perfectly clear: You show up on my radar in the real world and you will regret it. I get so much as a letter from a legal firm, your world will be upside down before you get the confirmation receipt.

Think I'm joking? Keep in mind who bankrolled starting up the Foundation, and who wired YOU money personally in the past to help you out when you were financially low. No write-offs, no recognition, nothing expected in return. You think about real hard, and reconsider the bee hive you're swinging at, before you start something that I'll wind up finishing.

To the rest of you: Good luck... with "leaders" like this, technical infra events are going to be the least of your concerns.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
***shrug*** just again a lil correction needed: while it sounds like dear Woody helped me out of a private pinch, actually his money transfers he mentioned been for maemo infra and perfectly reported how they got actually used for that purpose, thanks to HiFo not being capable to handle that stuff at all (frozen accounts etc). The rest is for my lawyer and district attorney, not for this forum - the reason why I did send a PM to start with.
@mods: please move this post and the one above and one below to /dev/null, they are both^H all 3 totally off topic in this thread.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=152 as well
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=153 too, and
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=154
Thanks!

To jalyst (one below) and to all others: This thread is about technical issues encountered/fixed by techstaff. It also might take a bug report, though actually we got bugs.maemo.org for that. This thread definitely isn't the right one to discuss http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...67&postcount=1 and I can't even spot your first post, I assume it been already inmidst the whole misery. Generally continuing discussion about off topic in a thread that got cleaned of such off topic IS off topic. Techstaff is supposed to have an instant notification per email and receives such about all your off topic posts. You're damaging the purpose of this thread! Stop feeding the troll!

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-07-16 at 10:17.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
My post woody responded to wasn't off-topic (it kinda urgently needs to be addressed by mods/council/hifo), but woody/joer blasted things into off-topic territory once again, sigh...

Joer, I suggest you read the entire post that woody addressed (mine that is), that thread isn't suitable, this is a -potentially- serious issue, sure it may not be strictly on-topic, but it's def. closely related.
If it really is such a big deal to you that it ceases being discussed here, then at the very least it needs it's own dedicated thread that's not in the "off-topic" sub-forum, ideally you'll participate too.

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-07-16 at 07:18.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
migration, migration#2