I'm having a problem pairing my n800 with my Samsung Stripe.

So my n800 finds the phone and I try to pair with it. My phone prompts me asking for a PIN, I type it in correctly, hit OK, and my n800 says it was paired successfully. Great! Only my phone isn't ever listed in the list of phones on my n800 (Control Panel -> Phone).

I went to the device option on my phone, and hit the option that "Authorized" my n800 (I'm not even sure what that does, but I thought it might help).

I have successfully paired my n800 with friends' phones and their phones are then listed.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Does your phone support the DUN bluetooth profile?
You can check if you click on "Details" in Control Panel -> Bluetooth for the phone.

If it only supports PAN, welcome to the club! There are solutions available in this forum, but they're not quite easy.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Does your phone support the DUN bluetooth profile?
You can check if you click on "Details" in Control Panel -> Bluetooth for the phone.

If it only supports PAN, welcome to the club! There are solutions available in this forum, but they're not quite easy.
Thanks for the info -- I'll probably try to get the PAN script working tonight.

The Following User Says Thank You to mitchb95 For This Useful Post:
It is amazing to connect Balckjack SGH-i607 & Nokia N810.

1) First I upgraded my Phone to WM6. (it is locked phone)
2) Downloaded BTModem.exe from http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsu...tml#post388131
3) I saved under My Documents. Do Not Run as of Now.
4) On Samsung Blackjack Created New Connection, by going Seetings > Connections > GPRS > New
I called it "MY ISP" but you can name it anything you like.
Settings are:
Connection: GPRS
Connects to: The Internet
User Name: ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1
APN: isp.cingular
(Not sure Do I needed My ISP, but if I remove it then I have difficulty to connect to Internet)
5) On the N800/N810,
a. go to Settings > Control Panel > Phone
b. Select "New" from the pop-up window and choose the Samsung Blackjack phone from the "Select a Phone" list of found devices.
c. An operator setup wizard will launch automatically. Pair your phone with N8x0. NOTE: After selecting your country Select “None” as Celular Operator on Setup ¾.
d. Click on Finish.
6) After you exit the wizard on N8x0, go to
a. Settings > Control Panel > Connectivity.
b. Tap the "Connections" button on the pop-up window, select the Blackjack from the "Connections" list, and tap the "Edit" button to access the connection setup settings.
c. Give the connection a name and select "GRPS" as the connection type. I gave SGHi607.
d. Fill in the fields as
i. APN: wap.cingulat
ii. Dial-up Number: *99#
iii. User Name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
iv. Password: CINGULAR1 (Uppercase)
v. Click on “Finish”.
7) On Samsung Blackjack go to Seetings > Connections > Wireless Manager
a. Click on Menu on below right
b. Click “Disconnect Cellular Data”, (it should become disable – Light gray color)
8) On Samsung Blackjack go to My Documents and click on BTModem.exe to start, It will display “Bluetooth modem Service Started”. Click Ok.
9) On N8x0 go to settings connection manager and Click Select Connection.
10) You will see your connection in the list, select your connection and click connect.
11) Soon you will it will connect to your Blackjack.
12) You can not use internet on your phone but you can call out, and receive calls as well. Incoming call showed me “unknown” first then showed me caller number.