From some demos I have attended, they usually use like an overhead projector but uses a video camera to capture the device's screen on the table. Color is not perfect but it works.

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Looks like this will answer many of the outstanding questions. I am working on the screencasting stuff and hope to have documentation ready before the event. I don't know how much use it will be during the presentations, but if even one presenter records their work as a screencast it will be time well spent.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_2...zation#Program

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
In this case why not use your own, pre-configured, NIT? The Projector NIT's will be useful for many people who just want to show off an application(s) without having to worry about installing/configuring/tweaking settings.
I was planning to use my own NIT, and I was hoping to have a access to a laptop with VNC, an X-Server and ssh as I said above, but I want the Nokia techs to set up video out on it! And then I'll pay someone to keep whatever it is they do to make video-out happen

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
I'm kinda sad that my schedule was such this summer that I was not able to plan going to this. It looks like I'd be able to at this point, but its way too close to the date to sign up - so I hope to hear all the good stuff from you all in some kind of blog/wiki/photo/multimedia mashup piece.

Really quite sad that I'm missing the UI/UX sessions, those really interest me, especially as areas where I can see myself becoming a contributor to Maemo and the IT community more.

...however, if there's still sponsorship...

For me it's the other way around, it's good that I didn't sign up with proposal & sponsor request, as it now turns out that it would be impossible for me to go due to sudden work schedule changes. I too will be looking forward to recordings/reports/whatever, there are now quite a few sessions listed that would be interesting to me (developer stuff, mudbuilder and more)

Last edited by TA-t3; 2008-08-14 at 18:27.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I looked at the schedule, https://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_2008#Saturday_20apparantly it has been totally revamped, right? And what we are seeing on the website maemo summit is the most current? And the previous proposed activities has been changed, those voluntee and summit booth etc....

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-08-17 at 13:14.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Aargh, I'm going to miss a lot of things now.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Just to confirm: You guys can count me out of the summit. For obvious reasons.

I'm sure nobody really cares, but I'm self-centered enough to mention it anyway.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Aargh, I'm going to miss a lot of things now.
Looks like everything is still there, http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_2008/Exhibit, title "planned" summit/OSiM exhibit
Maemo is buy, sometimes you have to wait a loooooooooong time to get to the page.

bun

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Just to confirm: You guys can count me out of the summit. For obvious reasons.

I'm sure nobody really cares, but I'm self-centered enough to mention it anyway.
It will be a BIG disappointment to bun. If you do show up, I will buy you a beer, and talk to you face to face, about HWR, as you are the only one that....use it. And you and I can quip about this 1st SSU update in private....to the bottom of it, literally.

bun

Tags
maemo.org