Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
when you are a small fish you need to go out and help the bigger fishs to see you, not waiting for them.
LOL - you'd get eaten quickly if you were a fish

If jolla could land a netflix app the would automatically get more users to see them...it woukd also ve easier to recommend them to friends and family ... today its "impossable".
But there is a Netflix application for Android, isn't it? And Jolla has Alien Dalvik, right? So, there you go. Why waste resources on something that works already?

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
LOL - you'd get eaten quickly if you were a fish

But there is a Netflix application for Android, isn't it? And Jolla has Alien Dalvik, right? So, there you go. Why waste resources on something that works already?
lol I have been bitten a few times bit im still alive and successful

you could use that as a sales pitch. sure, but in reality its completely ******** to most users. if that is how you would threat and attract users...
if you dont see the issue with that shadow feature. give your jolla too 100 persons in the street and ask them."please install netflix".

but then again. jolla might stay small forever and might not aim for users outside of this little bubble. the good thing is that they are still alive...so anything could happen. im ready to be amazed

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
you could use that as a sales pitch. sure, but in reality its completely ******** to most users. if that is how you would threat and attract users...
if you dont see the issue with that shadow feature. give your jolla too 100 persons in the street and ask them."please install netflix".
OK, so then Jolla could invest one (or more at their discretion) resource to go and reach out and tell them to make a Sailfish application, and perhaps this should be driven by TJC as you really don't know how many people want Netflix/Googlecast/etc..
They are already making an effort with Facebook, which is a shame as it would be nice if somebody forced Facebook and friends to remain supporting XMPP or C&D. OTOH I undertsand that losing the ability to chat through facebook is lost functionality so there is a compelling case.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Available on the Amazon store weirdly enough so you don't even have to hack a Google Play install.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
The SIP support looks promising but I've been burned before when they announce something is implemented but is far from actually working in real life. See CalDAV or CardDAV. In the end I gave up and stuck my SIM in an Android phone. Having stuff sync reliably and decent multi-tasking (yes, on Android) outweighs the distinctly average UI on Android.

The UI changes are a mixed bag. The events view and carousel look like a move back to the N9 layout (good) but the rest are pretty terrible for a phone. Losing cover action gestures and adding android style status bars is awful. I don't understand why they'd ditch their uniqueness for the sake of a few stupid users who insist on seeing the time or battery level all the time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
I don't understand why they'd ditch their uniqueness for the sake of a few stupid users who insist on seeing the time or battery level all the time.
They're too many, and I'd be happy if I can switch it off. Having said that, all applications developers will have to consider that bar, if the case is indeed that it's all over the place.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
what is the single most important thing missing with jolla?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
what is the single most important thing missing with jolla?
flasher tool

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
flasher tool
Would attract many users?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you didn't meant any users in your question.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post: