Active Topics

Notices

Hi fellas,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being able to chat with their BB, Android and iPhone friends from their N900 phones?

I know I would

http://www.pingchat.com/

http://androinica.com/2010/08/19/pin...ry-and-iphone/

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ U.K ,Reading
and request BBM

microsonf messanger , google talk , skype , icq ; already exist a zillion of IM , this is not special is just another IM i pretty sure that almost all you friends have a least a msn account that they use , and the conversation app of n900 already support it .

Originally Posted by e0x View Post
microsonf messanger , google talk , skype , icq ; already exist a zillion of IM , this is not special is just another IM i pretty sure that almost all you friends have a least a msn account that they use , and the conversation app of n900 already support it .
That is exactly the reason why n900 failed - we have multi-zillion of stuff nobody needs, and nothing that everybody wants

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sharky76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Montevideo
Originally Posted by sharky76 View Post
That is exactly the reason why n900 failed - we have multi-zillion of stuff nobody needs, and nothing that everybody wants
Is a nice way to skew reality. "Nobody uses" what is already there from the start and we take for granted, so should be boring. and "everyone wants" whatever is new, shiny and unavailable, because it must be fun.

Not sure about the myriad of IM protocols we have, but at least the one im in has been useful since the start, even if is a bit expensive in battery. At difference of that pingchat, that is meant to be between cellphones, the others are your prefered/actively used actual IMs, where your contacts already are, and for chatting between cellphones we already have sms (specially with the N900 conversations, that make them to behave pretty much like chat). It could be cheaper on battery or cost regarding one or another alternative, but is not like its giving a whole new kind of functionality that we never had.

For a minute there I thought I was reading that the n900 failed because it supports google, skype and msn that nobody needs, and not... pingchat... that everybody wants.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Holland
do your own thing, just because every body has piing, you don't need it! text message works perfect? + with msn you can do a lot more

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by mokkey View Post
and request BBM
BBM = Big Beautiful Man?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

I'd love to have bbm on this or something similar, true say we already have msn messenger, skype, text etc. but why not have that aswell if you live in an area where so many people use bbm, wouldn't having it on the n900 be useful?

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
BBM = Big Beautiful Man?
LOL blackberry messenger.

Tags
android, blackberry, iphone, messenger, pingchat