Posts: 51 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Houston
now do i want to wait till Jan for the N900 or keep my current preorder?!?!

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by legendemeritus View Post
now do i want to wait till Jan for the N900 or keep my current preorder?!?!
Keep your pre-order...T-Mobile will probably do something to 'dumb' the phone down or something. Plus do you really want to wait till Jan to get it? Especially when we will have ours by then and remind you everyday just how epicpwnsauce it is?

Originally Posted by mistermix View Post
Boy Genius Report has a tipster who says that Project Black is new phones (including the N900) plus a $50/month unlimited data+voice plan. Now that's something I can get excited about: a T-Mob plan that's priced in line with the quality of their network.
hmm, I just switched over to T-mobile and got three lines unlimited for 200 a month, will the new rates apply to existing customers?

Interesting, that's surprising considering current voice+data plan for TMobile is at least $55 for unlimited data + 300 min no Fav 5). So are they planning on not subsidizng it for that price?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Keep your pre-order...T-Mobile will probably do something to 'dumb' the phone down or something. Plus do you really want to wait till Jan to get it? Especially when we will have ours by then and remind you everyday just how epicpwnsauce it is?

I doubt it... I also doubt they will subsidize the phone. As the good Doctor was 'splain'n today at the Maemo Summit (or at least my interpretation of his remarks), Open Source is all about services.

Nokia did their part in providing the hardware that can only run at full tilt on T-Mo's network in North America. It sounds like T-Mo is doing their part in providing an all you can eat plan on that network for $50 a month.

Get the plan and get the best possible phone. Consume the hell out of the services.

Can a 3G iPhone use this plan?
I don't thin' so...

How much does it cost for a 3G iPhone data plan?
Now subtract $50 and multiply the difference by 24 (two year AT&T contract)...

My employer provides my service on a completely different network so the N900 was not for me...
However, If this $50 plan from T-Mo turns out to be true... My wife will jump ship from her provider and we will have a N900 in the house, woot woot.

Can you smell what Nokia's got cooking for the North American Market?

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-10-10 at 00:51. Reason: Spellling

Thought it may be something along this line. Was thinking about switching family over to Page Plus and keeping a line for me with Tmobile for the N900, but with this will stay with Tmobile.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Interesting, that's surprising considering current voice+data plan for TMobile is at least $55 for unlimited data + 300 min no Fav 5). So are they planning on not subsidizng it for that price?
The nice thing is, since they still have the flex pay aka pre-paid which have the exact same stat's as regular contracted plans, hopefully if it is a unlimited minute and date plan, it'll also apply to flex-pay

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
I doubt it... I also doubt they will subsidize the phone. As the good Doctor was 'splain'n today at the Maemo Summit (or at least my interpretation of his remarks), Open Source is all about services.
because services alows them to honor the letter of the licence, but maybe not the spirit...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Hmm so then I wonder if it's possible to just buy the n900 from any other place and then get this TMobile 'n900' plan if so?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

If T-Mobile doesn't subsidize it, and indeed the N900 is part of this 'Project Black' which is suppose to take place either this Sunday or next, then I will definitely be their this coming Sunday to buy my phone from them ( as long as the price is like Nokia's, which I doubt it will be but one can only hope )

Tags
rumor