Notices

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
**********EDIT - 10.06.2010************
repackaged for PR1.2

**********EDIT - 12.02.2010************
Improved Batlevel - 2.1-2 is in extras-devel repository now.
2 major changes
1. It doesnt poll now when the screen is OFF so saving battery to a large extent.
2. The settings GUI has been changed a bit for better usability, and some warnings have been included to inform the operations.
******** END of EDIT 12.02.2010 ********

**********EDIT - 07.02.2010************
Batlevel - 2.1 is in extras-devel repository now
This has a user configurable polling interval, and it doesnt use QT mobility anymore, so you wont need extra dependencies and I think this will be less heavy also on battery due to the configurability. The other eye candy stuff Ive kept the same , read below
******** END of EDIT 07.02.2010 ********

Here goes the new version of the Batlevel desktop widget version 2.0. You can get it from extras-devel.

This is continuation from the thread ==> HERE.
Opened a new thread so the discussion can be moved to the Applications forum and also this is the version that I intend to promote to Extras eventually.
Feel free to browse the other thread but please have your comments on the app here.

Have incorporated some requests like displaying detailed info on tap and colour/style changes in settings.

If it makes sense I can include size changes, but it looked fine to me with this size.

Please note : the color palette behaves a bit wierd, you will know when you use it , but it works all right by painting the widget with the chosen color.
Ill be raising this as a bug in the QT forum.

*EDIT* confirmed from a QT team member that the color dialog on QT is being worked on as we speak, so once they release an update, the colour palette in the app will behave in a more sane manner

Repeating it again for the sake of those who dont know, the app is based on the new QT 4.6 Technology preview so some dependencies are downloaded as part of the app, hence dont be overwelmhed by the size, this is only one time and you will be needing these dependencies for other QT apps in the future also.

Please note , the widget doesnt drain the battery IMHO, as this widget does not *poll* the battery to get the info instead it recieves a signal whenever the percentage value changes. To double check battery charge level , just tap on the widget and you can see the lshal command output.
The battery does not show 100% when fully charged and Ive observed random behaviours which has been reported by other users as well, a bug exists, which begs to be reopened. This widget just makes it more obvious now that it displays the percentage changes.
Sometimes Ive seen my battery full at 76% as reported by some others also but some have the opinion of using charge capacity rather than design capacity , its a different discussion for a different, but my opinion is it should show 100% when charged no matter what you capacity you measure against.

NOTE::
The widget uses the latest QT4.6 Technology Preview ( like kinetic scrolling , value buttons etc ) which is being currently developed as we speak so things change by the day, I had to change my app again today since QT 4.6 code changed couple of days ago again!

So its not compatible with the old QT libs you already may have installed as part of batlevel-1.0. So, in case you are not able to download due to broken packages , first uninstall batlevel-1.0 and then install this new version.

cheers
Attached Images

Last edited by krk969; 2010-06-10 at 20:31. Reason: the color dialog is being worked upon by Nokia(QT team)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Omg screenshot plz!

screenshots attached
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
this avail to d/l yet

EDIT: YES, in extras devel!

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-01-19 at 13:13.

Nice work! Would you want to include estimated remaining time as well?

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Your options screen has a typo in that screenshot.... should be "BACKGROUND COLOR" not "BACKROUND COLOR" (you are missing the "G").

The Following User Says Thank You to Zelig87 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zelig87 View Post
Your options screen has a typo in that screenshot.... should be "BACKGROUND COLOR" not "BACKROUND COLOR" (you are missing the "G").
thanks for pointing that embarrassing bug out.

I tried several applications for battery time, but none of it was not stable. I hope this is stable. Thank you!

for those who want this widget or any other qt widget on the desktop every time the reboot may do this

create a new file /etc/event.d/batlevel
and add the following lines

Code:
start on started hildon-desktop
script 
        /opt/batlevel/bin/run_batlevel
end script
you need to be root.
though i wouldnt suggest it till its in extras and also this is only a workaround not a solution.

Last edited by krk969; 2010-02-11 at 14:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
I can't find the app in Devel. Tried both refreshing and disabling/enabling but its gone .

okay just heard that the servers are down again.

Last edited by donsaibot; 2010-01-19 at 22:37.