Posts: 197 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Cheer up guys.. Nest week will be our week

In the mean time check out this video..

http://tinyurl.com/yf7c2mh

The Following User Says Thank You to mklass For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Southend On Sea , Uk
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
What have people sold their previous good phones to stick with a crap phone for a month or two? Surely the price of the good phone wont depreciate THAT much?

Not having a go, just curious as to the thinking.

And to stay on topic, MPD have really annoyed the hell out me due to their handling of the situation and I'd think twice before pre-ordering with them again (I think next time I'll just wait until a phone it actually out!!).
I have a n97 and that's now half price (if i'm lucky ) .

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
I blame Nokia.

( you can read the rest if you want but that is essentially the message )

It's Nokia's lack of information on availability and the actual release date that has lead to people making up dates and assuming delivery at those points.

This includes people such has MPD who obviously have a relationship with Nokia hence MPD's use of the Nokia logo and name in "Nokia Retail".

You'd think that someone who is allowed to use the Nokia branding would at least be given basic information such as when they will have the device. However, a week after the "shipment has begun" press release MPD are told that they will have their stock in two weeks (or at least that is when the can first send it out).

Having to wait so long has somewhat curbed my enthusiasm for the phone when all that was required was a press release by Nokia UK on the 11th saying when they expected shipping to the end customer from their own online shop and when it would be made available to other retailers.

Update for those who pre-ordered from NOSUK

Just called Nokia Online Store (UK) and was told all pre-orders will be shipped out either today or Monday. Was kindly told to specifically watch the Inbox for the delivery email today.

Get in!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by davedickson View Post
Out of interest when did you pre-order? I pre-ordered from Mobile Phones Direct on the 2nd of Oct, and after I spoke to them on the phone they said it would be delivered for the 1st of Dec,
i pre-ordered from MPD at the end of September, and got the 3rd of december email this morning.

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post

Just called Nokia Online Store (UK) and was told all pre-orders will be shipped out either today or Monday. Was kindly told to ..........
.............................Insert own ending here.

Well it'll give us fools that ordered through MPD something to do today.

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post

Just called Nokia Online Store (UK) and was told all pre-orders will be shipped out either today or Monday. Was kindly told to specifically watch the Inbox for the delivery email today.

Get in!
Same thing mentioned to me by one of their managers. Take as you will.

The Following User Says Thank You to maemoexperts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Well, that brightened my day.

Mind, by the time the n900 actually arrives I will have burned all this month's data allowance checking my email on the crap-phone every 5 minutes.

So... anyone actually had that magic email yet? Nope, I thought not.

ohhh k, just received an e-mail from Susie (someone from London Flagship Store lol). My original question was the actualy released date for order both from Nokia.co.uk and nokiaretail.co.uk (which is same as MPD) and the reply is....

Hello,

We are still expecting it next week at the flagship store on Regent Street. It may be worth you contacting nokia.retail.com directly to confirm their expected delivery dates as we do not have that information at this store.

Best Regards,

Susie
I am guessing the people that did pre-ordered from nokia.co.uk will received their phones next week but others like me :/ I guess its either 3rd of December like we got told or they will be stocking and shipping started next week and the "3rd of December" is just so there aint nomore complaints to them *just hoping *

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I'm really expecting 4 Dec for it to arrive from MPD as they said it would be sent on the 3rd. I'm trying to lower my expectations. If that doesn't happen then I'll be washing my hands clean of this mess.

Tags
lack of quality control, myfrickenphoneshipped, what a dud