Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Hi all,

I currently have a Sonoff basic wifi switch (should have got the RF version, doh!) which uses an Android app called eWelink. So far, so good, at least for me as my first introduction to the I.O.T. (internet of things) and it runs nicely under SFOS 3.0.1.11 pending occasional network problems created by my ageing Netgear router.

For a later date, I'm looking at flashing the Sonoff Basic with either ESPEasy or Tasmota, I now have a USB TTL converter and some jumper cables, so I'm pretty much set to get on with it, just need to 'take the plunge!'.

I wondered if anyone else was successfully using any type of Sonoff switch with their SFOS device, if so, are you happy with the standard eWelink application?, perhaps you have flashed a different firmware to your switch?

Regards,

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
flash Sonoff-Tasmota asap and use with local mqtt broker. i have home-assistant running on my home automation server.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Don't use original software, it is calling home to china.

When you know c/c++ it is easy to program and also easy to write software for maemo or sailfish. I have some at home running my own code which I can control with N900 or Jolla. But they are not connected to the internet only local wlan.

For home automation server I would also recommend tasmota.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
Don't use original software, it is calling home to china.

When you know c/c++ it is easy to program and also easy to write software for maemo or sailfish. I have some at home running my own code which I can control with N900 or Jolla. But they are not connected to the internet only local wlan.

For home automation server I would also recommend tasmota.
Yeah, calling home is not what I want but is kind of what I expect from free apps/software/etc. I much prefer the idea of operating within my local lan.

I checked out espeasy as an alternative to tasmota, the flashing seems a lot simpler for espeasy but tasmota mostly has my attention out of all choices.

I'm also pleased to read that the switch can be used with Jolla, this was key really to me going ahead and flashing. Looks like it was a good idea to ask, the more info the better. As some of you know, I've learned a little about writing code, but will no doubt be asking questions to those with experience.

I best get flashing then!, .....oo-er missus!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Tasmota host own webpage which can be accessed by sailfish browser.

It is also have REST protocol for controlling modules, which can be used: https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Ta...i/Commands#web

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Tasmota host own webpage which can be accessed by sailfish browser.
https://imgur.com/download/1LVVXbT
It is also have REST protocol for controlling modules, which can be used: https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Ta...i/Commands#web
This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Took several attempts to flash the sonoff with tasmota and now, despite all the reading of so many pages, I am stuck on the wifi config page (192.168.4.1) and I keep coming back to that page. As per usual, I don't fully understand what I'm doing, but then a few hours ago, I knew nothing about any of it!

How the fk do I get past the WiFi Configuration Page!?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
i just edited my_user_config.h with actual ssid and password of my home wlan access point, no problems here.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
i just edited my_user_config.h with actual ssid and password of my home wlan access point, no problems here.
Okay, I think I need to do something similar. I'm running out of patience for now. Will try flashing again tomorrow.

The sonoff does not show in my router, the only webpage I can get is the wifi configuration page, when I close that, the access point disappears. I have no idea what the actual IP of my device is.......too much information from so many different pages, as per usual, there are always hunks of info missing, hence page hopping trying to understand it all.

my_user_config tab in Arduino was one thing I had problems with, but got round it, I still feel I have missed out something. Feeling cold and hungry not helping, so b*ll*cks to it all for now...tomorrow is another day!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
The only page you should read is tasmota wiki, and there is a guide for beginners: https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Ta...Firmware-Build

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.
I just found this thread and I can't believe I didn't find it before!. Already finished an Arduino project to control my Daikin AC from outside my home lan and I even had to solder my own circuit to power the led....
I have an energy monitor sending frames to an emoncms-based server.
I also have a 4-port usb-controlled power switch ( Gembird Energenie ) ....
And all this is becoming a mess...
I think it is time to redesign every bit of my home's network...
Best Regards.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post: