I can no longer install or upgrade packages; everything I try, I get the message "Nothing provides libstdc++.so.6(CXXABI_1.3.9)"

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Time to upgrade to 3.3, huh?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
What will that change? I've held off on upgrading because of people here saying that it breaks call functionality, which is, well, the main point of a phone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
What will that change? I've held off on upgrading because of people here saying that it breaks call functionality, which is, well, the main point of a phone.
Is it still broken for someone? I have been using 3.3.0.16 as daily for pretty long by now. Would be nice to know if there is any particular breakage missed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
3.3.0.16 didn't break calls for me. I still have issues with 3G and overall network reception, but it might be hardware, and the update didn't change it.

Unrelated: Havoc, a Wayland terminal emulator, has been ported to SFOS over the past few days by @ii8. It fixes all rendering issues previous native terminals have with ncurses apps, nano, limited colours, or stuck scrolling (I had that in Toeterm). Text selection and scrolling are not mutually exclusive thanks to multitouch support. It has no virtual keyboard, so it is not ideal for other devices, but with the Pro¹ I believe the experience is really close to that of a desktop terminal emulator.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Probably Gemini can also benefit.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I've held off on upgrading because of people here saying that it breaks call functionality, which is, well, the main point of a phone.
At 3.3.0.16, for me there are problems with accidental activation of the touch screen while in-call. I keep putting calls on hold, recording, changing modes etc. I think this is new behaviour, I didn;t notice it in previous versions. It's annoying, but not fatal.

In addition, I can't get the phone to route audio to any bluetooth device in-call. In all previous versions, I couldn't maintain connection to a bluetooth device at all for more than ~10seconds, so annoying, but still a step forward from previously.

If either one of these problems was fixed, I'd be entirely happy. At the moment I mostly only use the Pro1 for testing,because I can't afford to keep hanging up on my few remaining customers.

I'm not on the telegram group, so no idea if my experience is typical, or if my install got screwed up somehow.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I don't have these proximity problems during calls. However it forgets to wake up after the call. Still might be better than your experience, as triple power wakes it regardless.

I've paired it to my car and the calls are not routed. However the media audio is, so maybe just further reconfiguration is needed only and might be fixed soon.

Here is the Discord server, might be more useful for you.

https://discord.gg/zRUntgK

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Here is the Discord server, might be more useful for you.

https://discord.gg/zRUntgK
Yeah thanks, but no thanks

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Yeah thanks, but no thanks
I see it also critical. Why the next platform. We always had TMO. Then there came TJC. Now discord, for what reason? What will be next? I have to search more and more for valuable information.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os