Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
In short, mautz (and others?) are doing a great job in maintaining a Nexus 5 Port. You might get one really cheap nowadays.
If you have a Xperia X or XA2 laying around, that would be a second suggestion due to recent community ports and possible "upgrade" to Jollas SailfishX.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
We now have full keyboard backlight support on the Proš with mce thanks to Elros34. However, it is not included in the SFOS port yet, so just run this in terminal to fetch the mce config file from Elros34's repository:

Code:
devel-su curl -L -o /etc/mce/91-keyboard-backlight.ini https://raw.githubusercontent.com/elros34/droid-config-moto_msm8960_jbbl/master/sparse/etc/mce/91-keyboard-backlight.ini

reboot

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-01-22 at 12:22.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
And hardware decoding on h.264 and h.265 is now working in native SFOS apps, here are the instructions until it is merged in the SFOS port:

Code:
devel-su curl -L -o /etc/gst-droid/gstdroidcodec.conf https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mer-hybris/droid-config-sony-ganges-pie/master/sparse/etc/gst-droid/gstdroidcodec.conf

rm ~/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/registry.*
https://github.com/sailfish-on-fxtec...ment-577170322

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-01-22 at 15:23.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
I may have missed something in the past few pages, but is bluetooth working yet?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
At least for audio output to a Bluetooth receiver, I can confirm it works.

Regarding Bluetooth commands, I am not sure, as I don't have any smart Bluetooth device to pair it with. If it does not work out of the box, maybe this could help.

For file transfers with an official Jolla C, no success. Obviously it should be possible because this exists, but to be fair I never managed to transfer any file with Bluetooth in SFOS, even on official SFOS releases.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Thanks! I am interested in Bluetooth audio, but also whether it will be possible to pair my Pebble.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Thanks! I am interested in Bluetooth audio, but also whether it will be possible to pair my Pebble.
Pebble uses DID protocol which is present.
But i already reported that Rockbox pool (thanks Wasman) shortly picks up the Pebble on connect but looses it 3 sec afterwards.

For other applications like headset the audio sink protocol is missing.
I am willing to do "things" if i get clear instructions but my attempts to add protocols have failed as of yet.
Might it be possible to steal bt configs from XA2 or similar?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Got my Pro1 today and have been testing SFOS. A few questions:
  • Is there a way to get double-tap unlock to work anymore?
  • How do you type a slash (/) in SFOS? It's on the 'P' key with a US keyboard layout, but all the modifier keys give me either 'p' or 'P'.
  • Is there a way to run ubu-chroot Firefox in its own window like Chromium? I can run it fine within xfce but trying to run it in its own window just gives the black screen, "No XWayland Window" message.
  • Speaking of xfce, how do you get the menu bar? This is what xfce looks like for me:

There's no menu and no obvious way to get to the settings menu that the readme is talking about.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Got my Pro1 today and have been testing SFOS. A few questions:
  • Is there a way to get double-tap unlock to work anymore?
  • How do you type a slash (/) in SFOS? It's on the 'P' key with a US keyboard layout, but all the modifier keys give me either 'p' or 'P'.
  • Is there a way to run ubu-chroot Firefox in its own window like Chromium? I can run it fine within xfce but trying to run it in its own window just gives the black screen, "No XWayland Window" message.
  • Speaking of xfce, how do you get the menu bar? This is what xfce looks like for me:
    https://i.postimg.cc/Ss5QGpPz/Screen...8-16-24-01.png
    There's no menu and no obvious way to get to the settings menu that the readme is talking about.
  • It was disabled in kernel touchscreen driver upstream as it caused a problem with touchscreen stop working until the device is rebooted. You could possibly build a custom kernel with it enabled, but not sure if it is worth it.
  • If you installed latest image, keyboard layout should already be there but needs to be enabled with following commands as nemo user:
    Code:
    dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/model \"fxtecpro1\"
    dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/layout \"us\"
    If you want to customize layout, check corresponding GitHub issue.
  • As for XFCE, panel was there for me out of box. May be worth to try deleting user config files inside chroot home folder and trying again.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Got my Pro1 today
Wohoo, so happy for you!

There's no menu and no obvious way to get to the settings menu that the readme is talking about.[/LIST]
Just hold shift and tap to the desktop for a menu.
In the settings you can than add bars.
But your desktop not starting up without one is not normal. Do you start as root or user? I had different desktop settings for both.

For more in depth ubu questions, Kabouik is your man

Last edited by mosen; 2020-01-28 at 23:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os