Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
sony's github, for example
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/device-sony-tama

Great so the XZ2 and XZ3 are part of their open devices program?
I would absolutely *love* an XZ3 with Sailfish and would pay for it accordingly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Yes, and people would also love XZ2 Compact

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
is there any dbus setting to remove that "get your charger off the wall socket" warning after the phone is charged? hate it when I want to check if it's 100% charged

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
donations time!
- OSM Scount
- Talefish
- Openrepos.net

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
My Xperia X just completely died.

Internet wasn't working some reason so I went to set flight mode on and off from the new top menu to try reset it.
Flight mode was taking very long to activate so I went to reboot the phone with powermenu.
As I press reboot and lay the phone on table I forget it and continued my working on PC.

When I picked up my Xperia it was off.
Now can't get any response. Can't get any leds or vibrations by holding any buttons or by using USB cable. I removed sim and tried fastboot mode or recovery mode but still no leds or vibrations.

Is there anything I can try?

Update:
Picked up my Xperia X once again and pressed buttons to try get any response and it just woke up and booted.

Last edited by Mikkosssss; 2018-12-02 at 12:15.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I think I read something about pressing Power and Vol + and - down for 10 seconds

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I think I read something about pressing Power and Vol + and - down for 10 seconds
It is Volume Up and Power for only 3 seconds to reboot Xperia X. The device vibrates ones. To power off keep holding and wait for triple vibrate.
I need it way to often sadly.

Sometimes instead of the lock screen i only get backlighted black screen with no notification led error code.
Most propably i misconfigured my installation due to testing all and every hack i read here. If the XA2 port does not supercede the Xperia X ux, i am propably trying a reflash and keep everyting stockish to see if the error goes away.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
my contribution to sailfish o.s in 2018 directly and indirectly.
- 2 sailfish x license.
- translated over 60 apps to spanish.
- donated over 300eu in sailfish apps.
- reported over 30 bug in sailfish apps.
- requested over 20 features in sailfish apps.

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-12-25 at 20:43.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 458 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
My XA2 install fails in the last step, what am I doing wrong? The image SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_8.1.6.4_r1_v16_nile .img is in the same folder. I'm using macOS and I'm not any good with Terminal.

MacBook-Pro-3:~ macbookpro$ /Users/macbookpro/Documents/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.0.0.8-h4113-0.0.7.10-FIXED/flash.sh
Detected Mac OS X - Version: 10 14 2-
Searching device to flash..
Found 1 devices: CQ3001E9U7
Fastboot command: fastboot -s CQ3001E9U7
/Users/macbookpro/Documents/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.0.0.8-h4113-0.0.7.10-FIXED/flash.sh: line 168: md5.lst: No such file or directory

The Sony Vendor partition image was not found in the current directory. Please
download it from
https://developer.sony.com/file/down...rnel-4-4-nile/
and unzip it into this directory.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pentona For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Pentona View Post
My XA2 install fails in the last step, what am I doing wrong? The image SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_8.1.6.4_r1_v16_nile .img is in the same folder. I'm using macOS and I'm not any good with Terminal.
It is indeed not much you could have done wrong.
You can check the output of ls -l (list directory) from within the directory you named above and started bash .flash.sh from. If you are unsure if all is correct post a screenshot of the output here.
But you can see the folders content in any filemanager so terminal is not even necessary.

This really comes down to the simple question if the sony image is in place and named correctly.
There is a space character before .img in the filename you posted above. If that is present in the filename on your computer it would be wrong. But i guess the space is just a wrong representation here on TMO since it is missing when i qoute your post.

If all is correct i would suggest to open a question at together.jolla.com since actual Jolla engineers are reading and answering.
I have heard of Android Platform version related errors on macos but those where more obvious and fixed in 2.0.1.4

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x