Dear friends and Maemoans, it has been a busy six months, and again it is time to elect a new Community Council for us.

The last election finished on Saturday 14th of December 2013 so the new election should be done by Saturday 14th of June 2014.

UPDATE: New Schedule due to missing candidates! Nomination period is extended by one month!

The schedule of the voting is as follows:
  • Nomination period started on the 5th of May 2014 and continued until 31st of May 2014. Extended Nomination period starts on the 1st of june 2014 and continues until 30st of June 2014.
  • Contemplation period starts on Tuesday 1st of July 2014 and continues until Sunday 7th of July 2014.
  • Election period starts on Tuesday 8th of July 2014 and continues until 14th of July 2014.
To get our community to continue strong, we need fresh people with fresh viewpoints to carry on the torch, so please think about volunteering for Maemo Council.

Currently there is lots of things going on, as the Maemo council is now the one unified Council, acting on behalf of the whole Maemo Community and its legal representation bodies, the Maemo e.V. (registered association, successor to HiFo) and the Hildon Foundation.

On behalf of the outgoing community council,

Jussi Ohenoja

Link: Original article.

Last edited by chemist; 2014-06-29 at 11:17. Reason: dates

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to CommunityCouncil For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
To all, not knowing the election process yet.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...ection_process

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Now, we are in need of candidates for Maemo Council.

Please consider if you would want to partake in the building of this community, and to step forward to volunteer for the Council.

The procedure is simple, just introduce yourself on the Maemo mailing list maemo-community@maemo.org and post a short entry here.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Just in case you missed the editing of the first post - nomination period got extended by 1 month, due to lack of candidates/nominations, sadly...

Unfortunately, auto-karma-calculation for wiki-contributions is f*cked up at the moment, the issue is under investigation. It remains to be seen if this can be fixed in time, but thanks to sixwheeldbeast, there is a wiki-page listing all eligible candidates untill 2014-05-20.

If you want to candidate for council, but don't find yourself on the list, please holler here or shoot a mail at council(at)maemo.org AND board(at)maemo.org to make sure it won't be missed.

Please everybody interested in the continuance of this community consider to self-nominate and please do vote next month!
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Im interested in continuance of this community. Unfortunately I'm not the man for the council. What can I do? Nominate someone else?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Im interested in continuance of this community. Unfortunately I'm not the man for the council. What can I do?
Nominate someone else!

The Following User Says Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Nominate someone else!
Can I nominate you?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Nominations go here.
Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Reminder:
Nomination period is closing on June 30st, 23:59 (only ~1 day left).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
why am i not nominated?!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:

Tags
now or never, vote now