Active Topics

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Beware:

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot...-security.html

Fremantle Community SSU will issue an update ASAP.

Maybe Harmattan users should call Nokia Support for an update. Or it is HiFo that should do that, I don't know. Please someone from the HiFo board comment on what should Harmattan users do (in light of the "email to elop" concerns)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Beware:
Maybe Harmattan users should call Nokia Support for an update. Or it is HiFo that should do that, I don't know. Please someone from the HiFo board comment on what should Harmattan users do (in light of the "email to elop" concerns)
I already tried, but I doubt this would suffice. More people should mention this... no, SHOUT and B*TCH about this. Nokia's negligence so far isn't acceptable, IMNSHO.

Meanwhile, since I have incepted my device I tried to fix it myself:

Code:
~ $ ariadne mv /etc/ssl/certs/d937b34e05fdd9cf9f1216aeb6892feb253a881c.pem /etc/ssl/certs/d937b34e05fdd9cf9f1216aeb6892feb253a881c.pem.donttrust
This should disable the TURKTRUST certificate on the N9. But I still get an "access denied" Also, this might be under the protection of Aegis (which would be a good thing) and thus might lead to a MALF next boot. My Linux-fu isn't high enough to know how to fix it... Perhaps someone else can?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
ssl certs are not under aegis protection
just enter full credentials mode by "ariadne sh" and then move/delete untrusted cert

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
if you want the 'proper' way to remove it, then the right command would be:

opensh -c "acmcli -C aegis-certman-common-ca::CertCACommonAdd -lc common-ca -r d937b34e05fdd9cf9f1216aeb6892feb253a881c"

This assumes that you have installed opensh with all the capas. You can run the acmcli with all capa inception shell too.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks rainisto, that fixed it

The aegis-certman-common-ca package installed the certificates into /usr/share/aegis-certman-common-ca, any idea if that is used for something? The turktrust certificate over there can be (re)moved using more conventional ways tho.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
you don't need to remove any files after running that acmcli command. They will not be used by harmattan system.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Is it a coincidence this cert is the first in the Certmanager list?

Can certs be revoked manually on N900?
Attached Images

Is opensh needed? or is open mode + devel-su + develsh enough?

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Is it a coincidence this cert is the first in the Certmanager list?
No, it is due to the cert name begins with "(".
You may check with
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.osso_browser /com/nokia/osso_browser/request com.nokia.osso_browser.load_url string:"chrome://pippki/content/certManager.xul"
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Can certs be revoked manually on N900?
Yes, there is such possibility. I will put a script (produced at DigiNotar times) at the end of post.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
if you want the 'proper' way to remove it, then the right command would be:
opensh -c "acmcli -C aegis-certman-common-ca::CertCACommonAdd -lc common-ca -r d937b34e05fdd9cf9f1216aeb6892feb253a881c"
For N900 users, please refer to below script.
For N9 users, do we need to delete that CA also from browser? (but according to open mentioned bug, there is no such possibility?)

Simple script/guide to remove fraudulent CAs:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#removing fraudulent CAs

echo enter the cert\(ifier\) You are looking for:
read cert
cmcli -T common-ca -L | grep "$cert"

echo now copy the full cert ID ...
read nothing

echo and give it as input \(for removal\)
read certID

if [ `id -u` != 0 ] ; then
    sudo cp /etc/certs/common-ca/$certID.pem /etc/certs/common-ca/$certID.pem.old
    sudo cmcli -c common-ca -r $certID
else
    cp /etc/certs/common-ca/$certID.pem /etc/certs/common-ca/$certID.pem.old
    cmcli -c common-ca -r $certID
fi

echo now open microb and goto
echo chrome://pippki/content/certManager.xul 
echo and delete the cert also there in the CA manager
read nothing

dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.osso_browser /com/nokia/osso_browser/request com.nokia.osso_browser.load_url string:"chrome://pippki/content/certManager.xul"

--edit
BUT, one more question arises here:
I do see two certificate IDs for TÜRKTRUST
~ $ cmcli -T common-ca -L | grep "TÜRK"
c126ef0d847fc578cabfa616229289c42af952e7 TÜRKTRUST Elektronik Sertifika Hizmet Sağlayıcısı
d937b34e05fdd9cf9f1216aeb6892feb253a881c TÜRKTRUST Elektronik Sertifika Hizmet Sağlayıcısı
and also in browsers
chrome://pippki/content/certManager.xul
they do appear twice.
So maybe for harmattan users, you also check bettwer twice?

I have no idea, why we do have them twice. Or if we need to block/delete both. Or if only one is fraudulent ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-01-06 at 15:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
https://blog.mozilla.org/security/20...t-certficates/

According to this page Mozilla is revoking both certificates, so there's no reason why we should not.
Maintaining: Audelicious | xmp

The Following User Says Thank You to Aranel For This Useful Post: