Notices

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
So... As I already promised here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=28 source code of qtmweb is in the garage.

Here it is how UI looks like for now

Garage page is https://garage.maemo.org/projects/qtmweb/.

I want to ask developers here to contribute to project, so at the end we to have web browser with FULL desktop behavior on n900.

There are several things to be done, most of them are under "Tasks" on garage page. For now tabs work, flash works (in fullscreen too) , there is some file download working too.

qtmweb could be compiled either in QT Creator or in scratchbox. QTCreator was used for development so far. You need to have svn to checkout the project

And... I don't know how project management works in garage, so any help on that matter will be appreciated

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Or *shameless advertising*, submit patches for http://gitorious.org/qtbrowser/qtbrowser :P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Sorry, did not get that. I would recommend you to first check what I have submit before making "shameless advertising" . It is not a clone of example browser coming with Qt Anyway, I will look at your code, it is sad there to be 2 parallel browser projects

Last edited by freemangordon; 2010-12-05 at 17:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Calling it a clone of an example browser would be a clear statement showing you didn't look at the code, I've just dug it up (left it for a month).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Yeah , my fault, not qt examples clone, only the name . Just downloaded source code - definitely you should look at qtmweb, it is several months ahead (according to me of course ). And your looks like touch optimised, while mine is definitely written with mouse and keyboard in head.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2010-12-05 at 18:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
while mine is definitely written with mouse and keyboard in head.
But with touch as well?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by paulkoan View Post
But with touch as well?
+1, was gonna ask about this as well. So far it looks like a nice and light browser, and its great for Grooveshark.

Too bad I dont know much about C++

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
What's the point? Fennec with Phony addon behaves exactly like a fully desktop browser , Mozilla dev team are just tweaking it to make faster

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The issue with fennec isn't speed, but memory footprint. Once it is loaded, there is little room for anything else, leading to swapping, leading to performance loss overall.

Your mileage may vary, it depends on usage scenarios.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by paulkoan View Post
The issue with fennec isn't speed, but memory footprint. Once it is loaded, there is little room for anything else, leading to swapping, leading to performance loss overall.

Your mileage may vary, it depends on usage scenarios.
Well I run fennec + music player and sometimes checking emails its good enough for me...if you're having problems slowdowns related to with swapping try swappolube. I applied recommended settings and so far swap usage is pretty good

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Tags
duke nukem, vapourware