Active Topics

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Annapolis, MD, USA
Is it possible to boot the N810 in single user mode? I installed an app which has made my device unusable, and I can't get a firmware image from Nokia for the N810 WiMax Edition, is it won't take my WLAN MAC address as an ID.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
So it seem that Nokia has not yet made the firmware available for download for WiMAX tablet? If you really need to reflash the tablet then my advice is to open a bug in maemo Bugzilla with critical status... so hopefully Nokia can fix that asap.

On the other hand... what version firmware your tablet has?

The email support idiots tell me to update the device by using the Application manager, they didn't read that I said the device isn't usable.

So I am on the phone with Nokia, and they won't release the image to me. They insist I send it back to them for either repair or replace, which to me is the same thing.

Do you have Windows PC? Can you try to install the Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard on it and try reflashing the tablet using it. Most likely it will not find correct Firmware file either, but at least it should show your tablets current Firmware version.

Anyone else with N810WE, what firmware version is on your tablet?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Added the RX-48 request to bug #3808.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Added the RX-48 request to bug #3808.
Thank you General Ryan for the comment on the bugs page. I also added my $0.02, hoping that may help. I boxed up the Tablet, but since there is a bug report, I'll hold off from sending it out since maybe the Maemo folks will be quicker than the 7-10 days that Nokia says it would take to fix it. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Do you have Windows PC? Can you try to install the Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard on it and try reflashing the tablet using it. Most likely it will not find correct Firmware file either, but at least it should show your tablets current Firmware version.

Anyone else with N810WE, what firmware version is on your tablet?
The firmware is the latest, whatever the version number is (sorry I don't know). The Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard said the firmware was up-to-date.

rjzak,

I was in the same position as you. Went trough the same thing with Nokia support. My problem was even worse, I have a pre-release with a WLAN that points to Finland. Last I talked with Nokia US support they suggested I contact Finish support.

Anyway, I managed to get the latest image. Read this thread, get a windows box with the Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard installed and do what Harrowed suggest with Webscarab. Took me less then a hour to figure out so not super hard.

Or just wait until they act on that bug request.

Good luck!

Edit: Should say that the Windows tool didn't work form me so I needed the actual image. It's unfortunate that it has to come to this, Nokia screwed this one up. There is an error when flashing the bootloader which breaks the rest of the flash. Flashing the rest of the components worked great.

Last edited by peteblack; 2008-10-24 at 00:46.

Ryan, Do you know which firmware the WiMAX Edition N810's ships currently?

rjzak: If you can hook up your tablet one more time to Windows Flasher to check fhe firmware revision?

Originally Posted by peteblack View Post
Edit: Should say that the Windows tool didn't work form me so I needed the actual image. It's unfortunate that it has to come to this, Nokia screwed this one up. There is an error when flashing the bootloader which breaks the rest of the flash. Flashing the rest of the components worked great.
peteblack: So you are saying you got the official WiMAX firmware image downloaded? Do you still have the file?